Looking for .223 75g Hornady A-Max Loading Data

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sol.torluemke....thanks for all your help! After loading one round with COL of 2.25", more than 75% of the bullet is seated in the bullet, so I think I've decided to try a different bullet.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is that theyre seated so deep you run the risk of set back... I shoildnt have said you cant do it, because people do it, i just dont think its a good idea... I went down the same road about a year ago and came to the conclusion it wasnt worth it and switched to match 75 gr bthp... They still. Will buck the wind, and theyre ridiculously accurate out of my 24 inch bull with 322 or 335 or hell ev 748...

Out of curiosity when you seated them did it compress your load?

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is that theyre seated so deep you run the risk of set back... I shoildnt have said you cant do it, because people do it, i just dont think its a good idea... I went down the same road about a year ago and came to the conclusion it wasnt worth it and switched to match 75 gr bthp... They still. Will buck the wind, and theyre ridiculously accurate out of my 24 inch bull with 322 or 335 or hell ev 748...

Out of curiosity when you seated them did it compress your load?

Yeah, I loaded one with powder and it did compress the load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom