• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Looking for a complete "shorty" A2 Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
The one in the middle is an M16A1 stock. They use the same extension and buffer/spring but you remove the spacer from the A2 stock (it's like a 1" thick disc). They're around but they're spendy. There's a place that was re-popping them and I saved the sight somewhere. I'll post a link when I find it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Also, do not use an A2 stock screw for an A1 stock. The A2 is 5/8" longer and your rifle will have all sorts of trouble because the buffer can't travel back far enough!!!

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The one in the middle is an M16A1 stock. They use the same extension and buffer/spring but you remove the spacer from the A2 stock (it's like a 1" thick disc). They're around but they're spendy. There's a place that was re-popping them and I saved the sight somewhere. I'll post a link when I find it.
If the middle one is only one inch shorter it probably won't work for my build, I think I need the shortest one but I'm pretty sure thats the discontinued Leaper's model so unless I can stumble accross one I'm probably SOOL

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Rock River Arms use to make them (Entry Stock) but they have been discontinued for some years now. I had one and sold it on GB I think for like $175 if memory serves me.
Leapers also made a copy of it but they are black hard plastic, the RRA Stock is gray in color.
IMG_1014.JPG

There are a couple on GB if you want to have a look, link below.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Gun-Parts/search?Keywords=Rock River arms entry stock&Sort=13&PageSize=48

Last edited:

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Model 1 sales also had one years back in the black plastic. I just sold one. I thought it was way too short to be of any use unless wearing armor. I had to install one of those stock spacers to use it. Then it just looked weird.

You could get crafty and hack up an A1 stock like I did. It requires a cut and rewelded tube and some messy plastic work. Its about an inch longer than the shorty stock. It's supposed to look like a collapsed Colt 607 stock.
20200215_151039.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom