Looking for a Kubota D902 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on a Kubota D902? BIL is need an engine for his mower without breaking the bank. Quite a few rebuilds online but 5-7 grand! He's sending a pic of the mount, maybe someone will know if a Yanmar will bolt up.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I sent him both links, it sucked a valve and head is messed up too. Said he's not wanting to switch to gas on the JD and just found out needs to be about 25 HP. What's it cost to sleeve nowadays? I had a Mercury outboard cylinder sleeved back around 1990 and IIRC it was a couple hundred then. If it matters it's on an Exmark mower.
Kubota.jpg

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, 5-7 acres, he wanted a mower that was going to last awhile. Auction I think, and thought he was getting a good deal, mower looked like new but just like everything mechanical because it looks new doesn't mean it is. He rolled the dice.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, 5-7 acres, he wanted a mower that was going to last awhile. Auction I think, and thought he was getting a good deal, mower looked like new but just like everything mechanical because it looks new doesn't mean it is. He rolled the dice.

I see. Bummer on the motor, but he will have a great mower when he gets done. I keep about 3 acres mowed around the house and barns. Using two Zero turn mowers 54”Gravley and a 48”Hustler. Just recently acquired the place and when these two give it up I’ll be buying a 64 inch Diesel something!

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks I'll let him know, not sure if the length would work on a 4 cyl. From the pic he sent looks like pulleys on both ends with the PTO on one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom