• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Looking to buy 1000 rounds of .223 range ammo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best place you've found to purchase .223 rounds for range practice?
Any suggestions?
Trushotammo seems to be the best I've found so far, with the LEO/Military discount.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
For cheap cheap range plinking stuff, I like grabbing cases from these guys on the occasion. Some is remanned, some is “not to spec”, some is contract overrun. They usually say what it is in the description. Last box of 1000 I get from them was a contract run “not to spec”, because they had too many bad primers in the bunch. I think I paid $0.31/round for 55gr FMJ with a max of 0.4% bad primers. Free Shipping, no hazmat. So a whole 4 bad rounds possible out of the bunch. If there’s a handful of bad ones in there, then I just get to practice clearing them, no big deal.

https://americanreloading.com/

Last edited:

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
sgammo is sitting at 39.5¢ per round for a 1K case with free shipping. There are others slightly cheaper but not with the free shipping. And they're fast.
Just curious, seems like when we talked once you said you like 77gr. Could be confusing sime other conversation but if I’m right, do you ever see 77 grain with them. Seems like its never in their regular emails.

If I’m wrong, what do you normally look for?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Just curious, seems like when we talked once you said you like 77gr. Could be confusing sime other conversation but if I’m right, do you ever see 77 grain with them. Seems like its never in their regular emails.

If I’m wrong, what do you normally look for?
I like 77gr for shooting groups and "precision" and for SD.

For general training and range use or whatever where I'm expending ammo, I use the cheapest stuff I can find which is usually M193. I don't have the bankroll to be shooting dots and doing rhythm drills with $1.50-$2.00 per round ammo. I also don't like green tip mostly because I can't shoot my steel with it, even though it can be super cheap.

That said, the last time I got some 77gr was from them. They had IMI Razor core 500 rd cases that with free shipping, was the best price around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom