looking to get a climbing stand price range $100-200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoeExecutioner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Summit Viper Classic is a good choice as long as you don't mind the extra weight. It isn't made of aluminum like other Summits so it's heavier. It's still the great quality (probably better) that a more expensive stand would be.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Portable is nice but if you're hunting private, I'd buy a couple of Viper Classic's, pick your best spots and leave them. That's what I used to do on our lease in Coal County. I actually had two that I'd hang in my standby spots at the beginning of the season and leave them in those spots the whole season so if I rolled in late in the evening or real early in the morning I didn't have to worry about packing a stand in with me. I also had a lightweight one to move around and make me a little more mobile if I had the urge.

If you're leaning more toward a lighter weight stand, keep an eye on Craigslist. That's where I picked up all my stands. I had an API Grand Slam(the most comfortable one I owned), a Summit Viper lightweight, and a Lone Wolf Sit & Climb. I didn't pay over $150 for any of them and all three retail higher than that.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^ this is kinda how I see it
If you want light, compact and portable look into Summit.
If you want comfortable, don't mind a little extra weight and kind of loud, look into API.
I like my APIs, I've had a few and a Summit. My APIs, I could sit all day and be comfy as can be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom