Looking to get my first AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, I know nothing about AK's. What little I know is purely based off the platform's reputation. I'm hoping you fine folks can give me some suggestions on where to begin looking. What I am looking for is a reliable rifle, preferably under $900 that I can learn with and if I decide I am an AK guy, I can save for something better down the road. I've been injecting Rob Ski's videos into my veins over the last couple of weeks and even though Reddit says to avoid Century Arms at all costs, there are couple in my Price range that Rob has given good marks to.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only century I would consider is the wasr1063 or a draco for sbr conversion. I don't have any experience with psa but I've heard good things. I would suggest checking out what zastava usa has to offer and go look at Atlanticfirearms.com they have a ton of ak options for sale.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, I know nothing about AK's. What little I know is purely based off the platform's reputation. I'm hoping you fine folks can give me some suggestions on where to begin looking. What I am looking for is a reliable rifle, preferably under $900 that I can learn with and if I decide I am an AK guy, I can save for something better down the road. I've been injecting Rob Ski's videos into my veins over the last couple of weeks and even though Reddit says to avoid Century Arms at all costs, there are couple in my Price range that Rob has given good marks to.
just get an ar15. then get an AK also

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canted sights, uneven magwell and spot we led taps in an attempt to prevent mag wobble. I hear the newer WASRs are better. The old SARs are supposed to be pretty good though.

I've owned two 10/63's from circa 2010'ish, and neither had those issues. Just hand pick a rifle and verify that the sights aren't canted and that it doesn't have excessive mag wobble. PSA's issues with out of spec parts and piss poor metallurgy are much more concerning than canted sights or mag wobble IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom