Looking to get my first AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an Zastava N-Pap a few years ago. It was cool, but Yugo stuff has a lot of "Proprietary" parts that aren't considered "AK Standard" like finding replacement stocks wasn't as easy as finding stuff that would fit a Wasr. For me, that wasn't a big deal because I thought "Nyet Rifle is fine. Kalashnikov is Kalashnikov", but that's just something to be aware of. There is a few on Gunjoker (gunbroker) right now.

Reaction score
I had an Zastava N-Pap a few years ago. It was cool, but Yugo stuff has a lot of "Proprietary" parts that aren't considered "AK Standard" like finding replacement stocks wasn't as easy as finding stuff that would fit a Wasr. For me, that wasn't a big deal because I thought "Nyet Rifle is fine. Kalashnikov is Kalashnikov", but that's just something to be aware of. There is a few on Gunjoker (gunbroker) right now.
That’s a good point. I’m the type I set my firearms up the way I want them and leave it be. I’m not constantly changing things. I have some real world experience when it comes to that. I just feel Zastava makes a great rifle. I also have the M92 pistol in 7.62 x 39. It definitely has its place also

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no AK expert, but I currently own two Romanians (one folding stock, one fixed), a fixed-stock Yugo, and a Chinese underfolder. The Chinese rifle, surprisingly, has the best fit and finish of the bunch. The Yugo is a pretty close second, and is by far the heaviest/most sturdily built of the bunch. The Romanians were cheap rifles and it shows, but that said, they are reliable as sunrise and as accurate as they need to be with factory iron sights. I obviously don't need another AK, but if I were to buy one right now, it would probably be a Polish rebuild from JRA.

Reaction score
I'm no AK expert, but I currently own two Romanians (one folding stock, one fixed), a fixed-stock Yugo, and a Chinese underfolder. The Chinese rifle, surprisingly, has the best fit and finish of the bunch. The Yugo is a pretty close second, and is by far the heaviest/most sturdily built of the bunch. The Romanians were cheap rifles and it shows, but that said, they are reliable as sunrise and as accurate as they need to be with factory iron sights. I obviously don't need another AK, but if I were to buy one right now, it would probably be a Polish rebuild from JRA.
I had a Chinese Norinco MAK90 until awhile back. Bought it for $700 and ended up selling it for almost 4 times that. Aks have become quite expensive considering what they used to be.
The imports such as a Type 56 Spiker and original MAK 90 pre ban are bringing top dollar.
There has also been a recent import ban on Zastavas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom