Low budget optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at buying a new "inexpensive" red dot to try on an AR, that isn't a tube!

Anybody have any feedback on these, or any you'd recommend for $200 or less?

Sightmark Sure Shot Reflex Sight SM13003B

Sightmark Ultra Shot Holographic Sight SM13005

Burris FastFire II

TruGlo Trajectory Compesating DC Red Dot Sight Black TG8350B4

Aimshot Holosight Multi Dot 3/5/8/12 MOA Reticles

Adco Black Solo Electronic Multi Reticle

ATN Digital Ultra Sight Reflex Scope DTRXULSTDS

I know it's a big list!

Thanks ahead of time!

David

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at buying a new "inexpensive" red dot to try on an AR, that isn't a tube!

Burris FastFire II

I know it's a big list!

Thanks ahead of time!

David

like 15 threads down on this very section :thumb:

http://okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62391

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the Primary Arms multi-reticle red dot after all the good reviews it received on ARF. If you're going to spend $200+, save up a little more for an Eotech. Unless you are planning on swimming with your AR, this should meet your budget optic needs (a tad over $100 including the cant mount). Here's the link, and a pic of it mounted on my AR:
http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=66&categoryId=5

[Broken External Image]

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for the exact same thing for my AR. I owned an Eotech 512 a few years ago and had it mounted on a Bushy M4gery. Never a problem... except I paid 299 for it new! Long , boring story short, I am super impressed with the Bushnell Trophy 1x32 (2nd GEN). Clear optics, crisp "T" dot reticle and built like a brick. Yeah, yeah, I know it looks like an ACOG, but at least you dont have to mount it backward like some of the Eotech clones. Anyway, you can find them all day long for 199.00 and under.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for the exact same thing for my AR. I owned an Eotech 512 a few years ago and had it mounted on a Bushy M4gery. Never a problem... except I paid 299 for it new! Long , boring story short, I am super impressed with the Bushnell Trophy 1x32 (2nd GEN). Clear optics, crisp "T" dot reticle and built like a brick. Yeah, yeah, I know it looks like an ACOG, but at least you dont have to mount it backward like some of the Eotech clones. Anyway, you can find them all day long for 199.00 and under.

I thought about a Bushnell HOLOsight. I want a quick target acquisition type like that. It sells for $380, though. I read it WAS an Eotech, less the armor.

Looking for a big window, in a thin frame, with a crisp reticle. I'm asking for too much for $200, aren't I? Crap!

SAVBob

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'd go with the Sightmark Ultra Shot Holographic Sight SM13005

Have one on my 223 and love the quick target acquisition and the price was right from http://www.sightmarkonline.com It was the lowest I could find from an authorized sightmark dealer.

Hope this helps

Burris FastFire II

I know it's a big list!

Thanks ahead of time!

David

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the primary arms sight. I have an AR with an aimpoint and an AR with an Eotch.

Is the primary arms as good as either on of those? NOPE!

Does it cost a LOT less? YUP! Less than $100 shipped...with a mount!

I have the Primary Arms red dot installed on an AK. It is my beater rifle and gets thrown around a lot. The Primary Arms red dot has held up remarkably well. It holds zero well and the dot is not very blurry at all...even on the high settings. I have used it in the rain, and with mud on it. No problem. The biggest difference between it and the aimpoint (which it is a copy of!) is battery life. On my AR with the REAL Aimpoint, I just leave the sight on. You never know when you might need it in a hurry. The Primary arms sight is good for about 250 hours. I have tested it by leaving it on.

I had it on a Siaga .308 for a while..about 500 rds worth...and it held up to that recoil just fine.

For the price, you won't beat the Primary Arms unit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom