Lower Illinois river..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverGiveUp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told there was a phone number I could call to find out when they were letting water out of the Tenkiller dam. I've tried to search for the number online but I can't find it. Any suggestions?

NeverGiveUp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on what you're fishing for or who you ask. I always felt like when the water isn't running the fish are isolated in smaller pockets of water and easier to locate but I've always fished for trout and sandbass there. I've heard when fishing for striper they start to feed when the water first starts to rise. Reason I am asking about the dam is because I have a small jon boat and when the water is being let out it is impossible to go up river.

NeverGiveUp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My no was about the trout. Thats the only thing I fish for there. Lots of big shad swimming around there for stripers to eat, then they eat the trout for dessert.

I've never fished with shad for stripers there because we could never locate them. Dad and I took a guide (not the Delmar shoultz guy I've heard he's an ass) a few years ago and he had us jigging below the bridge for Herring to use as bait. We caught a couple herring and they almost look like a smaller version of a Tarpon but we didn't have any luck on live bait. Tried a live trout a couple times below a small balloon but didn't have any luck with that either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom