LPK's and GI triggers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This and the last buy I made check out is VERY slow, Is there really that much being consumed ? And why ?? lol. The check out cart wheel continues to spin.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question... :lookaroun

Can you modify stock AR triggers to improve pull, or are these triggers a totally different design?

Thanks. :drunk2:
___
Not really. Technically you can polish and tune up a stock trigger, but it’s a matter of diminishing returns. It can also be dangerous.
And there is no tuned GI trigger that will ever compare with an aftermarket design. Given that you can (or could) get them for less than $100 it’s really not worth the time.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question... :lookaroun

Can you modify stock AR triggers to improve pull, or are these triggers a totally different design?

Thanks. :drunk2:
___
A pretty standard "fluff and buff" on the mating surfaces and the addition of a $12 JP Rifles spring kit will usually result in a fairly crisp single stage trigger in the 4-5# range. Some people will add a "speed cut" on the hammer to decrease lock time and improve ignition with hard primers. But as Grendelshooter alluded to, you start stoning hammer/trigger engagement surfaces and you can get in trouble pretty quick.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently ordered 3 White Label Armory LPKs from AIM Surplus. Never heard of them but they were advertised as the typical mil-spec LPKs. I installed one in a lower without any issues. I've since installed a second. The first one had a really nice trigger. Exceptionally smooth and crisp. Thought it was a fluke but I've since installed a second and it's the same way. I'm very pleased with them. And, they were only $34 (free shipping) each. That's a great deal for LPKs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom