Lucid HD7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought one of these a couple weeks ago trying to not spend as much for an eotech/aimpoint but avoid the junk stuff. When I got it and looked through it, the greenish/blue tint was terrible. It makes everybody look like a smurf.
i1192.photobucket.com_albums_aa323_jhawknokc_IMG_1365.jpg

I guess the buy once cry once holds true. Contacted Lucid to make sure it wasn't defective, told me it wasn't, now returning it to start saving towards an eotech.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but for 150 more I could get an eotech and not worry about it. If it was $50, it'd be one thing. I'm sure there good, but from what I read and saw, these were best bang for the buck red dots. I guess just not for me. Do you have one and does it do the same?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but for 150 more I could get an eotech and not worry about it. If it was $50, it'd be one thing. I'm sure there good, but from what I read and saw, these were best bang for the buck red dots. I guess just not for me. Do you have one and does it do the same?

The tint is a little much indoors, but outside, they work very well (I got to shoot a few hundred rounds through a friends AR with one mounted). IMHO, the best bang-for-buck red-dot is Primary Arms, followed by Vortex, followed by Lucid and then followed by IOR Valdada's red-dots.

After that, you're in high-end optic territory and I personally would skip EOTECH and get a used Aimpoint Comp ML3 for better money (I've owned two Comp M3s, an ML3, and a Tan 556 and preferred the Aimpoints to the EOTECHs).

Latest posts

Top Bottom