Why SG Ammo sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I‘ve recieved SG emails for years, and it appears I’m missing alot by not reading his commentary. All I look at is the ammo and prices listed. I always figured the price is the price, and I don’t need anyone to explain to me why or how they came up with the price. :anyone:
He literally has no ammo that is a good buy. Not a single caliber. He's $.10-$.30 per round higher than the top 10 AS hits on all calibers he carries. So, nah. My $$ go somewhere else. He has absolutely nothing I want.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He literally has no ammo that is a good buy. Not a single caliber. He's $.10-$.30 per round higher than the top 10 AS hits on all calibers he carries. So, nah. My $$ go somewhere else. He has absolutely nothing I want.
Sounds like I’m fortunate to have stocked up on high volume calibers when prices were cheap and no sales tax was charged. I reload more caliber than I used to, so ammo prices aren’t as much of a concern as they used to be.
Ammoseek is one of the best sites ever created for the shooting community, but it’s bit SG and Target Sports USA in the butt.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pitty party and high prices prevent me from doing business with him. Compared ammoseek he's 13 cents higher per round for same brand/load cheap target 12ga, and and 9 cents higher per round for tula 762x39. I can typically beat his prices shopping locally too, without using a tax exemption or military discount, while not having to pay shipping and handling, or wait for it to get to me.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't the sales tax collection rules for online orders changed to the point that it doesn't actually make a ton of difference when it comes to filing your state tax returns and it asks about online purchases? I figured the majority of sites will charge sales tax anyway.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like I’m fortunate to have stocked up on high volume calibers when prices were cheap and no sales tax was charged. I reload more caliber than I used to, so ammo prices aren’t as much of a concern as they used to be.
Ammoseek is one of the best sites ever created for the shooting community, but it’s bit SG and Target Sports USA in the butt.
I wish gunbot was still a viable source too. I've found that ammoseek doesnt have everyone on their radar, and if you look hard enough you can find even better deals than whats on ammoseek.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think he is an SOB I think he is has a poor business model , because shipping only as an option for in state customers is dumb and adds extra costs which makes him non competitive with other options. If I am already driving to Stillwater for something let me come buy wheel the ammo to the dock and let me put it in the trunk and leave . It's not a hard ask and they should consider it as reasonable . Not a store front and I am not suggesting one, I would much rather buy it on line its a hassle dealing with store help and I don't really like the experience .

I wish he had a pickup option as well, but I totally understand why he doesn't. Gun people can be weird. smiley_abused.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I wish gunbot was still a viable source too. I've found that ammoseek doesnt have everyone on their radar, and if you look hard enough you can find even better deals than whats on ammoseek.
I think one of the best things about ammoseek, is that they verify/recommend all their vendors, and if a vendor goes off the rails, they drop them like a prom dress.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't the sales tax collection rules for online orders changed to the point that it doesn't actually make a ton of difference when it comes to filing your state tax returns and it asks about online purchases? I figured the majority of sites will charge sales tax anyway.
Ha. Just now got a marketing email from SG . . .
Yeah, speak of the devil. I just saw my email too. :lmfao:

Sales taxes on internet sales have been “mandatory“ for a few years now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom