M&P 45 Rant....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aodh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently carry a G26 but fondled an M&P9C. What holsters work best for those that carry an M&P?

Part of the time, I carry a M&P 45C (the shorter grip 8 round version of the pistol) in a Crossbreed Supertuck. After some fiddling with the fit, it is a comfortable carry.

For comparison, I also carry a SA XD45C (shorter grip 10 round version of the XD45) in a Comp-Taq MTAC, Same story, after a little fiddling, it is a comfortable carry.

Both holsters tended to carry the pistol a little too high and the rear of the slide was digging into the base of by ribs when I sat (which I do most all day). I lowered the ride height by around a 1/2" and it helped a bunch.

I've also got a Kholster for the my XD9SC that is very similar to the SuperTuck for about $30 less, that had the same ride height issues (I suspect my anatomy, not the holster makers is the issue.)

I'd recommend any of them, the MTAC's "fit and finish" is far and away the best, the others are just a slab of leather with the Kydex holster part riveted along with screwed on clips. If I remember the costs correctly, the MTAC was about $80, the SuperTuck about $70, and the Kholser about $40 with free delivery. Eight days to about two weeks on delivery times as I remember, with the Kholster taking the longest, "your mileage may vary".

I've got a picture of all three holsters hanging on a belt (a Wilderness Instructor 1 1/2" belt), if I can get it to work. Left to right: MTAC w/ XD45C, Supertuck w/M&P45c, Kholster w/XD9SC

URL=http://www.iimmgg.com/image/57c6f2fcd20dd6aa0fa1410d20eb63a6][Broken External Image][/URL]

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently carry a G26 but fondled an M&P9C. What holsters work best for those that carry an M&P?

The same holsters that work best for everything else...I carry a 9c in a Raven IWB. My second pick would be a Comptac MTAC. You're welcome to shoot my compact if you're ever in the city.

The XD went home with me. ;)

I give it two weeks tops. :wave:

Latest posts

Top Bottom