M&P9c Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several months ago I got out of the Glock business and started carrying a Smith & Wesson M&P9c. As some of you remember I never felt REAL comfortable carrying my Glock 23. I tried every combination in the book and then some. I got by with it but never really liked it much. We all know if you aren’t comfortable with your carry setup you don’t carry it. So, I went against every grain of my being and got rid of the G23 (I really liked the platform) and started carrying an M&P9c and have carried it ever since.

I know a lot of you carry a Glock and love it. I guess this is a good example of how everyone has to carry the rig they are the most comfortable with.

I carry my M&P in a Lobo Gunleather IWB holster (slightly modified with pull-the-dot snaps). [For me] this has to be the most comfortable rig I have worn over the years. Yes, I like my 1911 but this gun is much lighter and a smaller footprint.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P6290018.jpg

Do any of you have any other stories of how you ended up with an M&P or any other gun for that matter and just knew it was the right rig for you?

I learned from my friend, GED, that you never say “I will never sell this gun” but for now this is my go-to setup.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned from my friend, GED, that you never say “I will never sell this gun” but for now this is my go-to setup.
I have said that a 100 times and ended up selling or trading it. I think it is a curse if you say it. My favorite IWB guns are glock 27 or 26 they work for me.That is a good setup you have. Holster are like dating some feel good at first but never meet your expectations later down the road.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of you have any other stories of how you ended up with an M&P or any other gun for that matter and just knew it was the right rig for you?
quote]

I'll start by saying I'm still a believer in the glock platform. I'll always have a couple around. So confounded reliable. Spare parts/mags/holsters are available everywhere. Over the years I've come to value that aspect very, very highly. Ditto 1911. I'll always have one or two around. However.....

A few months ago I purchased an HK P30S in .40S&W. I already had a Southern Holsters IWB waiting for it. It quickly became my "go to" consealment set up. Before that it was my beloved glock 23. Still love the 23 and will be keeping it as home defense and stand in for the P30 if needed.

I now use the HK (first one ever owned) about 70% to 80% of the time. For pocket carry a pm9 and an IWB glock 27 set up if I feel the need. But, I've used my P30 set up with summer clothing and my own family didn't know I was carrying.

I never thought it would come down to this but yeah, I'm carrying my glocks less and less. I'm so increadibly confident with the P30 and the Southern Holster is so comfortable and so good at concealing I find myself WANTING to carry all the time.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so increadibly confident with the P30 and the Southern Holster is so comfortable and so good at concealing I find myself WANTING to carry all the time.

Do you have a picture of your Southern holster? (sounds kind of like "southern engineering") Just kidding but I would like to see a picture, maybe even a pic of it on your belt

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I became a S&W MP person after Glock gave me the run around on a wrranty issue that took almost 3 months and still was not right when I got my G27 back from them. In the mean time I bought a S&W MP40c and loved it soo much I got rid of the G27 and then picked up a S&W MP9c as well.

I have 3 CCW weapons. S&W Mp40c and 9c and now a Ruger LCR. The MP guns are my bread and butter. With minor trigger works the trigger pull is awesome and they work flawlessly for me.

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seriously been considering an M&P9c for a while now, heard a ton of great things about em. I have a Sig P228 right now and will never get rid of it (I promise) it's a phenomenal range weapon. I would like a lighter weapon without compromising round count and reliability. The Glock just ain't for me either, shot a few and never like the feel of it. Your opinions definitely help my decision, just waiting on funds.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting away from Glocks also. I was carrying a Glock 23, but just didn't enjoy shooting it as much as my Sigs. Thinking it was the caliber, I changed to a Glock 19. Same thing, I haven't enjoyed shooting that either. I just don't shoot them as well as Sigs. Don't like the trigger or the feel. Also had a Glock 21SF (NIB), which shot GREAT...but literally fell apart within a month, so I sold it back to the shop I bought it from for a huge loss. Anyway, now I CC either a Sig 226 or 220. For my next gun I'm thinking about a Sig 239 for a smaller CCW.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to make sure this thread doesn't get off track too bad and turn into a Glock-bashing. I know I kind of started the train of thought but I loved my Glock just didn't care to carry it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom