M1A Bush Rifle part II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No point in trying to have a reasonable discussion with that one. He knows all and therefore can proscribe the truth for all. I've got him on ignore.
So your old man bottom is still sore? A few things you can do to remedy.

One is have your caregivers change your Depends more often.

Secondly, when you start insulting people with your puerile comments expect return fire in kind. Don’t want to be insulted? Don’t throw down an insult.

As well and as an example from the other thread, if you are intent on being a social justice warrior and wish to virtue signal for convicts on death row, try to have an original thought. Mindlessly parroting race pimps as you did is a click south of inane.

Lastly, don’t do clown-crap like stalking. It only goes to illustrate you have nothing to offer but a skid mark.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on guys, I wanted to show off my new toy and have members tell me about it. Also post pictures of their rifles and tell their story. This arguing is way off topic and I don't want in my thread. PLEASE post pictures of your M1A's, Scout's, Socom 16's or the Bush Rifle and tell us the stories. Other then that, take it somewhere else.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI

If one is looking for a scope mount for their M1A, when I had a scope on mine I used Basset. Worked great and maintained zero when I would take it off and put it back on. Bassetmachine.com

And for a cheek rest, Bradley makes a solid product. Plus he is a vet and a genuinely nice guy to do business with.
Bradleycheekresr.com.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first "expensive" gun.
M1A Loaded. I borrowed a nice Winchester Model 70 from my dad to hog hunt with. It was to pretty to tromp through the woods with, so I bought this. I soon decided the same for this, and got into the 300blk/AR stuff that I didn't care if I banged it around in the trees or dropped it into the creek. I don't shoot this often but man it's still one of my favorites.
And yes I had to "un-neuter" it and add the bayonet lug, and I do have a bayonet for it.
And while it's silly I found a crazy deal on a 50rd drum for it too, so have that for whatever reason. I emptied that once...that's more shooting than I realized when I first started squeezing the trigger.

20180617_110650.jpg

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first "expensive" gun.
M1A Loaded. I borrowed a nice Winchester Model 70 from my dad to hog hunt with. It was to pretty to tromp through the woods with, so I bought this. I soon decided the same for this, and got into the 300blk/AR stuff that I didn't care if I banged it around in the trees or dropped it into the creek. I don't shoot this often but man it's still one of my favorites.
And yes I had to "un-neuter" it and add the bayonet lug, and I do have a bayonet for it.
And while it's silly I found a crazy deal on a 50rd drum for it too, so have that for whatever reason. I emptied that once...that's more shooting than I realized when I first started squeezing the trigger.

View attachment 466994
"50 round drum", You might need it when the Zombies come. How about one of my favorite quotes. If someone comes alookin for trouble, you don't want them to go away disappointed.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on guys, I wanted to show off my new toy and have members tell me about it. Also post pictures of their rifles and tell their story. This arguing is way off topic and I don't want in my thread. PLEASE post pictures of your M1A's, Scout's, Socom 16's or the Bush Rifle and tell us the stories. Other then that, take it somewhere else.

Sorry Jimmy

Did not mean to participate in a partial thread, derailment, but pics up - just for recreational shooting I really like the way it handles with the five and ten round magazines although I keep a couple of 20s around

IMG_1118.jpeg

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No worries my friend. Man there just isn't anything prettier then bluing and wood.

For sure --- i hate to say it, but there isnt much of a story behind my little rifle for now -it was on the rack at Big Boys in Mustang and i just thought it looked cool -- but there is a story leading up to it i suppose.

Took a literal car load of heavy caliber single shots and leverguns up to the Whittington Center in Raton NM to plink around at the long distance silhouettes.

At the time was cultivating a very nasty shoulder injury that eventually needed reconstructive surgery -- all the 45/70's and old school crescent butt leverguns i brought with me were just brutal to shoot - so i spent most of my time there shooting my iron sighted M1A and an 8" barreled Dan Wesson. The recoil compared to a 45/70 hunting rifle is almost nonexistent.

Sold the heavy kicking hunting rifles not long after, and ultimately a buddy made me a deal on both the M1A's too so off they went

I'll pick up another full length one of these days but until then i like the sporty looks of this Tanker model.
I have been wanting to jump in the Garand puddle for a while also , so i might prioritize one of those over another full length M1A though -- if only to fuel my inner "Gran Torino" character

Latest posts

Top Bottom