MAC: Korth - The Ultimate Revolver by Nighthawk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting for sure.

At 9lb, 10oz, the DA trigger pull weight is certainly a touch lighter than a factory S&W, but there better be a whole lot of adjustment under that rubber (ew) grip for $3,600.

I'm sure the trigger is fairly smooth, but GunTubers have got to the point where almost every trigger is "crisp", "smooth", or "light". Watching some of the big channels call a CZ duty pistol or striker fired pistol trigger "crisp" is my humor highlight for the video. Since MAC now interrupts the start of videos to plug his Patreon and then hock a product usually made in China, his trustworthiness has dropped considerably.

From a cleaning standpoint, that easily removable cylinder is really neat.

Aesthetics are just opinions, but those revolvers to me hold all the beauty of Whoopi Goldberg in a two-piece bathing suit.

Apparently neither Tim or his cameraman can count to six. They aren't fooling me. I know that they are doing the extra dry trigger pull to try to convince viewers that their fundamentals are extra awesome. I want to see that barrel drop when they get a dud sometime :D.

Anyway, my worthless opinion is over, and I'm sure the aficionados will be over to flame me momentarily.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my holy grail guns. I dream of buying in this order, a Manurhin MR73, a Korth, and a Janz Revolver. The last two will likely only happen if I manage to strike it rich.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Korths are built how Smiths SHOULD be..... I see more value in these than a lot of the garbage S&W puts out today.

I saw that cylinder rotate a couple thousandths when MAC started twisting it and speaking on how "tight" the lockup was. That is right in S&W territory:D.

But I agree with you in that S&W puts out an inferior product to what they did 30+ years ago. My only two new Smiths came with an overclocked barrel (686-6), and casting flashing inside the frame (637-2). However their lockup is just as "good" as what I saw from this Korth.

I am fortunate to own a couple Freedom Arms revolvers, and those have bank vault lockup.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting for sure.

At 9lb, 10oz, the DA trigger pull weight is certainly a touch lighter than a factory S&W, but there better be a whole lot of adjustment under that rubber (ew) grip for $3,600.

I'm sure the trigger is fairly smooth, but GunTubers have got to the point where almost every trigger is "crisp", "smooth", or "light". Watching some of the big channels call a CZ duty pistol or striker fired pistol trigger "crisp" is my humor highlight for the video. Since MAC now interrupts the start of videos to plug his Patreon and then hock a product usually made in China, his trustworthiness has dropped considerably.

From a cleaning standpoint, that easily removable cylinder is really neat.

Aesthetics are just opinions, but those revolvers to me hold all the beauty of Whoopi Goldberg in a two-piece bathing suit.

Apparently neither Tim or his cameraman can count to six. They aren't fooling me. I know that they are doing the extra dry trigger pull to try to convince viewers that their fundamentals are extra awesome. I want to see that barrel drop when they get a dud sometime :D.

Anyway, my worthless opinion is over, and I'm sure the aficionados will be over to flame me momentarily.
I’ve spent more than $3600 for guns, so the money doesn’t necessarily scare me off if the quality is really there. I agree though that there better be much more than a nifty little button to change the cylinder and an adjustable trigger.
From watching the video, I can’t get a feel for what size it is. Is it K frame, L frame, or N frame size?

One thing I’ve noticed about high end revolvers as a whole is that they seem to be hard to move on the used market. I’ve bought and sold quite a few semi custom and custom 1911’s, and there’s a big market for them…Revolvers not so much.

I’ve only owned or handled one revolver that’s been to a gunsmith for action work, so I really can’t say this definitively but do believe you might be able get a Smith or Ruger to Korth quality level for less money than a Korth.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that cylinder rotate a couple thousandths when MAC started twisting it and speaking on how "tight" the lockup was. That is right in S&W territory:D.

But I agree with you in that S&W puts out an inferior product to what they did 30+ years ago. My only two new Smiths came with an overclocked barrel (686-6), and casting flashing inside the frame (637-2). However their lockup is just as "good" as what I saw from this Korth.

I am fortunate to own a couple Freedom Arms revolvers, and those have bank vault lockup.

637 = a Korth lol? I could be here all day long talking about hit or miss 686s..... seems to be a bit of confirmation bias going on on you part but ok.

I've shot one of the older Korths and there's no Smith I've owned or seen, that compared. I'll have to wait to see one in the wild, definitely interested in the plain jane 4" gun.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
637 = a Korth lol? I could be here all day long talking about hit or miss 686s..... seems to be a bit of confirmation bias going on on you part but ok.

I've shot one of the older Korths and there's no Smith I've owned or seen, that compared. I'll have to wait to see one in the wild, definitely interested in the plain jane 4" gun.

I at no point said that anything other than lockup on my 637 seemed as good as the Korth in the video. I at no point said that I was a fan of my 637. The only two facts I said about it were 1) it came with flashing in the frame (not good), and 2) the lockup movement was about like what I saw in the video.

Latest posts

Top Bottom