Magpul trigger guard dosent fit my dpms lower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my roll pin in and realized the set screw hole is off. I found instaces in my search of the net of issues with dpms lowers. It is the aluminum guard so i am looking for any tricks to file it away a bit so it will line up properly.

Anyone have the same issues?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing happened on a RRA lower for me. I just gave it a little "help" and it finally went in.

I guess some companies have a hard time sticking to spec.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The roll pin went in fine, its the allen head screw that wont go. Only half of the threads in the trigger guard are visible. Unfortunately a hammer wont help me much here. I have to file off a portion of the guard to get it to line up properly

what do folks use to touch up areas. I was thinking duracoat

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The roll pin went in fine, its the allen head screw that wont go. Only half of the threads in the trigger guard are visible. Unfortunately a hammer wont help me much here. I have to file off a portion of the guard to get it to line up properly

what do folks use to touch up areas. I was thinking duracoat

That's why I recommend the MOE trigger guard to folks who aren't sure about their lowers - you can usually force it into place since its made of plastic.

One trick that worked with the MOE was to put the screw into the trigger guard all the way until the trigger guard would fit in between the ears on the lower and then unscrew the screw until it was holding the guard in place - this way the threads were at least started before you did the "forcing".

If you're running a MIAD, just get the trigger-guard piece for it and put it in there and yank the alum one (or get a MOE and sell your alum one - I actually need another winter trigger guard, so I'd buy it).

I'd be careful about forcing stuff into those trigger-guard ears (both front and rear) because if you break one of those ears, you have to either weld, JB Weld, or get another lower (and it happens a lot more often than you think).

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive never had that problem, i have 2 DPMS lowers with the Alum. Magpul T-guards. i wonder is the magpul maybe out of spec? I would not file it or hammer ext.. Might think about 2-part epoxy/JB weld in the entire hole and then drill and tap to t-guard to match up with the hole on your lower. the t-guard isnt really load bearing, and it would be clean, secure and not mess your lower up

Latest posts

Top Bottom