Magtech Guardian Gold .40 155GR JHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think after the sorry performance of these bullets I will no longer buy Magtech. Out of the 12 rounds fired I was only able to recover 3 and only one of those deformed. I was shooting through 10 1 gallon milk jugs with a 5" thick clay backstop most of the rounds tumbled and went out the top of the jug never to be seen again. The 3 rounds that I was able to find all tumbled and went down into the dirt I also shot some win. ranger and it did good and so did the fed. 155gr personal protection. The Magtech Guardian Gold 155GR JHP was just a big let down I was considering making this my carry ammo but not anymore.
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSCF0053.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSCF0052.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSCF0gg51.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Magtech is just practice ammunition and only on it's best day. And I'd really much rather shoot my own handloads with Montana Golds or J&K's cast. Magtechs have never been very high on my food chain. Just my :twocents:

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Magtech is just practice ammunition and only on it's best day. And I'd really much rather shoot my own handloads with Montana Golds or J&K's cast. Magtechs have never been very high on my food chain. Just my :twocents:

I don't remember if I have ever shot magtech before but I was talking with some guys one day and they were telling me how great this stuff was. Well I did not think it was anywhere near greatness I don't think I would even buy as target ammo.

cmarcu1

New to the site!
Reaction score
I think after the sorry performance of these bullets I will no longer buy Magtech. Out of the 12 rounds fired I was only able to recover 3 and only one of those deformed. I was shooting through 10 1 gallon milk jugs with a 5" thick clay backstop most of the rounds tumbled and went out the top of the jug never to be seen again. The 3 rounds that I was able to find all tumbled and went down into the dirt I also shot some win. ranger and it did good and so did the fed. 155gr personal protection. The Magtech Guardian Gold 155GR JHP was just a big let down I was considering making this my carry ammo but not anymore.
i215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSCF0053.jpg

i215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSCF0052.jpg

i215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSCF0gg51.jpg

I actually prefer Magtech Bullets, but only in my handloads. I've found the jacket to be quite hard, but with a max load in 45 acp, the 185gr magtech has great penetration and expansion, with minimal loss of bullet weight. IMI purchased the winchester Black talon design in 147gr. 9mm. It has no black coating, but will penetrate 3 milk jugs, stopping in the third, with devistating results. That was done with a Kahr cw9, making it a very good self defence option. If any of you guys have any of the 40/10mm 155gr. bullets left over, I'd be happy to purchase them. I have a load using PB powder, that will really change their performance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom