mak 90

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a norinco Mak 90. Honestly have not kept up with current values for these. Its had one box of ammo through it. Whats it worth?
thanks

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless I'm buying something from a friend, I've never been a believer of "its only had 1 box of ammo shot through it". Anyway, it depends on if it is matching numbers, origional furniture and condition. NIB $517, excellent $440, good $311, this is from the Gun Traders Guide. From what I've seen add about $50 to each of these catagories and you're lookin at real world prices.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its coming from a friend. he told me he bought unfired and he put a box through. i'm, going to inspect it closely and check wear and condition.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First does it have a thumbhole stock?
If not then you need to see if it has the proper compliance parts.
All mak90's came with thumbholes. the ones before that were called something else.
if you have to put $50-100 in compliance parts that would affect purchase price.
Personally I wouldn't pay more than about $400 cause I could get a good current made ak with standard stocks and totally compliant for about $500-$525

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First does it have a thumbhole stock?
If not then you need to see if it has the proper compliance parts.
All mak90's came with thumbholes. the ones before that were called something else.
if you have to put $50-100 in compliance parts that would affect purchase price.
Personally I wouldn't pay more than about $400 cause I could get a good current made ak with standard stocks and totally compliant for about $500-$525

I guess it all depends on what you're lookin for. MAK 90's are getting harder to find everyday and are getting to be somewhat of a colllector item especially if you can find on lightly used or unfired. They are some of the best stamped AK's out there. I own several AK's(yes I've got pics in the photo gallery) and I personally would buy it if the price was right, which I quoted earlier. As far as compliance parts, you don't have to mod it just shoot it as is or put it in the safe.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has the thumbhole stock and is very lightly used. looks like the one box might be right.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one weird thread. It's like all the posts were put in a hat and drawn out one at a time.

dlbleak, a good Mak 90 (or NHM 90) is always a good prospect if you're looking for an AK. I've seen both (as well as Mak 91's and NHM 91's - 20" barrel versions) at OKC gun shows lately priced from $695-$900. Shortly after the 2008 election, I saw them for up to $1,300, obviously a knee-jerk price.

This is my NHM. Not much difference. The thumbhole is different. The stock is a Bishop and I believe the Mak's are Boyd's.

[Broken External Image]

They are one of the best of the AK family. A lot of guys modify them with regular furniture, etc., but I think they are best left as they began life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom