Marine Corps Law Enforcement Battalions To “Control Civil Disturbances”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like every morning I get up these days, someone is running around shouting, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" Makes me want to stay in bed and just pat my puppy.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. On post. Guard troops have to be called up by the governor. Don't the reserve and regular troops have to be federalized to do anything against citizens?

Actually I think that you have it reversed - the Reserves are always Federal and thus, as a rule, ineligible to perform domestic police duties by which I mean detaining citizens or making arrests wellness checks (such as going door to door after a major flood) are not law enforcement. The Guard is different (as we like to say in the regular forces) in that until Federalized they may freely take part in LE duties as a State force but upon being Federalized may have to refrain from such duties. An example, would be the Los Angeles riots when the Guard was purposely kept under the Governor's control so that they could continue to serve as police surrogates.

Posse Comitatus is not monolithic and Congress has amended the law but basically law enforcement is still an in extremis only duty for U regular military or Federalized Guard or called up Reserves.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are the subject of a wellness check are you obligated to do anything or comply with a request? Could I just yell through my closed door "Were all fine in here head on down the road and care for those who need it. Thank you for your service."

I think that would be my approach. Upon insistance of entry I may change my tone and follow up with something else more suggestive but still not threatening in any way.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are the subject of a wellness check are you obligated to do anything or comply with a request? Could I just yell through my closed door "Were all fine in here head on down the road and care for those who need it. Thank you for your service."

I think that would be my approach. Upon insistance of entry I may change my tone and follow up with something else more suggestive but still not threatening in any way.

Depends on bad they insist.

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it happens it happens.... Though I have been listening to AJ for awhile myself. I dont take full stock into everything he or his reporters report. Fact check fact check fact check everything.... Especially if it comes from the talking heads in the main stream media or infowars.... He is after all a radio talk show host and his job is to keep people in front of the radio and all.

The majority of things he reports is correct and factual... Buuuuuttttt that does not mean everything he does report is 100%..... I cant listen to people that just instills fear...

Latest posts

Top Bottom