Mark Kelly buys an AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Frappin' B.S.! What a Hypocrite! And he is 'keeping' the 1911 ????

Oh, and his intent was to turn the AR-15 over to the Tucson P.D. ? Hmmm, sure sounds like a Felony to me - It is called a 'Straw Purchase'!!!!

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Frappin' B.S.! What a Hypocrite! And he is 'keeping' the 1911 ????

Oh, and his intent was to turn it over to the Tucson P.D. ? Hmmm, sure sounds like a Felony to me - It is called a 'Straw Purchase'!!!!

It's only a straw purchase if the Tucson PD is prohibited from owning a firearm. ha!

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought that was just 'One' example of a Straw Purchase? I will find out and post my findings .....

Also, read block 11A on a 4473 ... http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

www.guns.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_03_ATF_Form.jpg

I just spoke with my ATF 'Rep' and he is in agreement that this was technically a violation.

Last edited:

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

It's only a straw purchase if the Tucson PD is prohibited from owning a firearm. ha!

Negative. Read the info below from the ATF website (http://www.atf.gov/training/firearms/ffl-learning-theater/episode-4.html):

A straw purchase is a purchase in which the actual purchaser uses someone else - a.k.a. the “straw person” to make the purchase and complete the paperwork. Generally straw purchasers are utilized because the actual purchaser is not eligible to conduct a transaction because they’re in one or more legally prohibited categories, such as being addicted to a controlled substance, being a felon, being underage, and so on.

However, a straw purchase occurs even when the actual purchaser is not a prohibited person. The crime committed is knowingly making a false statement on the Form 4473 indicating that the straw purchaser is the actual purchaser, when this is not the case.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Negative. Read the info below form the ATF website (http://www.atf.gov/training/firearms/ffl-learning-theater/episode-4.html):

A straw purchase is a purchase in which the actual purchaser uses someone else - a.k.a. the “straw person” to make the purchase and complete the paperwork. Generally straw purchasers are utilized because the actual purchaser is not eligible to conduct a transaction because they’re in one or more legally prohibited categories, such as being addicted to a controlled substance, being a felon, being underage, and so on.

However, a straw purchase occurs even when the actual purchaser is not a prohibited person. The crime committed is knowingly making a false statement on the Form 4473 indicating that the straw purchaser is the actual purchaser, when this is not the case.

sadly, he'll never be prosecuted for it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He wasn't buying it for someone else...he was the actual purchaser. It's not a straw purchase and that's not the issue.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's a hypocrite because he campaigns for gun control, yet buys a gun.

I guess that makes everyone here a hypocrite because they advocate gun ownership, yet rail against a man that buys a gun.

Can't have it both ways.

I think you don't understand the definition of hypocrite, or the definition of sarcasm. Try...harder...

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Negative. Read the info below from the ATF website (http://www.atf.gov/training/firearms/ffl-learning-theater/episode-4.html):

A straw purchase is a purchase in which the actual purchaser uses someone else — a.k.a. the “straw person” to make the purchase and complete the paperwork. Generally straw purchasers are utilized because the actual purchaser is not eligible to conduct a transaction because they’re in one or more legally prohibited categories, such as being addicted to a controlled substance, being a felon, being underage, and so on.

Thanks Steve, I don't believe Mr. Kelly was buying a firearm on behalf of the Tucson PD. it's seems likely he lied to the media after filling out the 4473 though.

JMO YMMV

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I don't believe Mr. Kelly was buying a firearm on behalf of the Tucson PD. it's seems likely he lied to the media after filling out the 4473 though.

JMO YMMV

Oh yes, I agree he was lying. I am sure he was buying it for himself (because HE can have one, but YOU can't), got spotted buying it, and then made up some BS story to try to cover up his hypocrisy.

Dwmckie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still weeding through the details on this, so fill in the gaps. Did Kelly buy these guns and the media found out about it AFTER the fact, and that prompted him to do his song and dance routine?

Latest posts

Top Bottom