Marlin Model 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was recently gifted a Marlin Model 60 and while I was very grateful for it since I had had been forced to sell all my none essential firearms, I was hesitant about the tube magazine. I was never really a fan of them since I was raised on a 10-22.
I decided to take it out and run it the other day and man was I surprised!! I found it to be very very accurate at 50 yds. Its a joy to shoot! I even came to appreciate the tube mag. I really liked 18rds of .22 at my disposal. I found it really likes CCI mini mag. I put 300 through it on Saturday and it ate all of them with no problem. No recoil and man it was quiet. ( I had been shooting my AR and M1 all morning )
I am gonna do some work to the stock to bring it back to glory since the rifle is in what I would call "well used" shape. I had to fix the locking cutout on the tube mag since it was bent and wouldnt let the brass rod lock down.
I am pretty pleased with this little rifle. I just have so much fun with it.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are pretty cool, just don't put high velocity 22s through it. There is a nylon/plastic buffer behind the bolt that will break if HVs are used.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the glenfield version that I was left when my grandpa passed away. I used to have a marlin model 99 but lost it in a trade years ago.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll get LOTS of use outa that one. Ive got one ive had since I was a kid, and it has Countless Rds thru it..Every kinda Ammo Imaginable over the years and never thought about the plastic piece being damaged by HV stuff. Something to think about I guess. Congrats!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's mine, I even have the factory box for it.

i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1276.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom