Mattress Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an eclipse perfection series. I got it at marquis furniture here in Shawnee. So far it has been great. I rotate it every month to keep it from wearing too fast. It was about $1,000 for our king size. It is firm but not too stiff. I really like it. I had a Serta before it and it didn't last very long. But I didn't rotate it. I think that is very important.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got one of the temper pedic knockoffs from Bob Mills a couple years ago. Think it is called comfor pedic or some such thing. Never thought I'd spend that kind of money on a bed but it has been worth every penny. One downside is that I don't sleep worth a damn on anything else. Even high end hotels with good beds.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my parents moved their split 'sleep number' job to the guest room several years ago and it's a pain (i like adjusting the firmness, but the ridge in the middle is no fun if you have a spouse you like).

i don't recall the type we have now, but the pillow top is nice.

as an aside, nothing makes you feel more 'adult' than the glee you feel when you get that new mattress.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought a TemperPedic just over a year ago. Painful purchase letting that kind of money go on a mattress. However, We are sleeping much much better now. I'll second what Farmerbryon said. Sleeping in another bed just won't be the same after sleeping on one of these.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep worth a darn on the TemperPedic...and we tried several of them. After that, then trying nearly every mattress made (and high dollar ones), we found a Simmons Beautyrest (with pocketed coils) that is wonderful. We've since then bought another Beautyrest (kids room) and it is wonderful too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An old fashioned water bed with baffles was the best sleep I've ever had. I fought the dear leader over replacing it, but lost that battle. She was more worried about "style" vs quality of sleep. We have bought three different mattresses that cost over a grand apiece over the years, and have yet to find one that offered the quality of sleep.
I sleep 30 mins or so, have to stretch, roll over, and repeat all night long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom