Meat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New in Shawnee, heard tell it was coming but no idea how well stocked they may be if your wanting to buy. I also heard tell they will work on the halves. 2nd hand may not be fact. That'd mean you get half your animal with the other half paying your process cost. Sounds like something of the old days 😎. With kill fee and 85 cents a lb, process fees aren't cheap. They missed putting pigs on the sign ? Coker rd is an easy find 2 miles off 40 on 177.

Attachments

• 20220808_073747.jpg
    20220808_073747.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just buy my half of the beef from the rancher, pay the processor and take home between 230-330 pounds of great tasting beef. Price in my freezer ranges from $4.80-$6.00/pound for the beef I've purchase these last three years.

If you're buying the meat directly from the processor, they need to be FDA certified. Otherwise, buy the beef from the rancher.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year's steer(November 2021) our processing was .72 lb. They're backed up so next one will be June 2023 unless an opening becomes available - steers will be ready and just getting bigger(read more expensive).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the potential of extremely high beef prices looming buddies and I talked today. We are going to buy 8 steers and butcher 4, selling the other 4 to help cover expenses.
One buddy has 25 acres of crabgrass behind his house with water and electric to keep water thawed out in the stock tank. I’ll no-till some wheat in for winter pasture.
Been over 30 years since putting a beef in the freezer.
Typically been deer and elk.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crabgrass is good protein source, good plan. May look at rye as well.

place near Morris has you bring yours in and pick up their estimated bundle same day as I have been told. Yeah, you do not get your beef back you get someone else’s. I have not verified.

There is a knacker in Council Hill and one in Haskell who are both good, not cheap, but good with longer hang times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom