Media misrepresents Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone see this on News9? Apparently the open carry legislation is being brought back due to the presence of a Republican governor. Cleo Land of Heartland Outdoors went on television to state his opposition to legal open carry. I don't have a strong opinion on the issue but it seems like a bad business decision for anyone at a gun dealership to speak out against this.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone see this on News9? Apparently the open carry legislation is being brought back due to the presence of a Republican governor. Cleo Land of Heartland Outdoors went on television to state his opposition to legal open carry. I don't have a strong opinion on the issue but it seems like a bad business decision for anyone at a gun dealership to speak out against this.

I won't buy from them.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't see the news and don't have a strong personal feeling on open carry but I agree that it doesn't seem like good business on his part.
Although I personally prefer concealed carry, I have no problem with others carrying openly.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why it would be bad for business, they have a great range, not sure about their gun prices. I don't make a decision based on something like open carry support, I have no desire for open carry....

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many of us that think that general open carry is a bad idea. If your out hunting or hiking or engaged in some legitimate activity that might lend itself to open carry that should be allowed.
REALLY!! When was the last time you were attacked by an english muffin???

[Broken External Image]

csiedmond1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure why it would be bad for business, they have a great range, not sure about their gun prices. I don't make a decision based on something like open carry support, I have no desire for open carry....

I would have to agree with you on this, they are in all fairness a gun dealer, its not like they spoke out about guns.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect it to hurt them with people who have no desire for open carry. If I were one of their customers, I wouldn't stop going there because of these comments. I just don't see the upside for them speaking out. There are going to be plenty of open carry advocates who are disappointed in their response and may not patronize their establishment. As a business owner, I want everyone's business and would be reluctant to alienate potential customers by speaking out about political issues on the news.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not given this issue much thought outside of what my grandfather used to say. "Someday we will all go back to wearing a gun on our hip because the law will have either broken down or become to twisted to matter. There will be a few weeks of open bloodshed then a very polite and safe society will emerge."

As for Heartland, I have about given up on them. They almost never have the reloading components I want in stock.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many of us that think that general open carry is a bad idea. If your out hunting or hiking or engaged in some legitimate activity that might lend itself to open carry that should be allowed. But to just carry open all the time is stupid. It's indicative of people with small penis syndrome.

REALLY!! When was the last time you were attacked by an english muffin???

[Broken External Image]

I think this is what the whole open carry thing is about!!!

[Broken External Image]

so by your logic, carrying openly is stupid because you don't get attacked by english muffins? but if you carry concealed in the same situation it is ok, even if you still havent been attacked by those nasty english muffins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom