Medical Opinion Needed: Injectable B12?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going on a week of self-medicating myself with this stuff:

i47.tinypic.com_jimlqb.jpg

I hit myself with about 1.0 cc every morning. I've been rather pleased with the results. Better energy, less mental fog, and I can rip a phonebook in half... well, two of three aint bad.

Because I am a type 1 diabetic, injecting myself with stuff is nothing new. I have read a whole slew of whitepapers and steroid websites, err 'fitness forums' that tout the cheap benefit on injecting B12, that simply taking the oral supplement absorbs about 2% - 5% of the vitamin, where injecting gives you the full measure.

In the recent past, I have tested to be deficient in B6, so I figured that popping some 'B Complex' would kill two birds with one stone.

So, OSA Doctors: Is the goodness I'm feeling with injectable B Complex a junkie placebo effect? Is there a real benefit?

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...I am NOT a Doctor...but....the bottle says..."for animal use only".
Now I ...Know your an animal..that doesnt sound rite....I know your of the animal species....
Well any way...when you stop injecting, the effects will end....I just take a B complex with a RED BULL... an im goood to gooooo....

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to do this to ease hangovers when i was in college. Be sure to IM (you should only slow-release in IV).

(I am not a doctor and you should consult one and take his advice over mine, my above statement is only feedback based on unprofessional experience)

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Re: animal use only

The factory where they keep the big jug of B complex spits out 'animal use' bottles on one side and 'human use' bottles on the other. Animal use = $5 / Human use = $15

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience manufacturing products for both human and animal use in terms of medical/veterinary products they are both held to very similar standards. At least in the industry that requires products I am familiar with. As far as the actual medicines I dont know. I only have knowledge in the realm of containers and equipment used to handle and hold the actual medicines.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the same medication, but I have two dogs that have seizures and the Vet prescribed Phenobarbital. They Vet said that this was the same exact stuff that they prescribe for humans.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog has been given Tramadol for his arthritis, and can confirm from my vet that it's no different (aside from dosages and palatability ) than the human medication for the same symptoms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom