Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unlike others I dont get my drawers in a wad for people saying Happy Holidays. I tend to start saying Happy Holidays around Thanksgiving time. The "holidays" encompassing Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unlike others I dont get my drawers in a wad for people saying Happy Holidays. I tend to start saying Happy Holidays around Thanksgiving time. The "holidays" encompassing Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

I understand why people would do what you're saying, but to me it's a matter of principle. "Happy Holidays" was originally contrived by secularists and in the interest of being "inclusive", so I refuse to say it. It's either Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, or Happy New Year. My workplace makes us answer the phone "Happy Holidays", and I've yet to say it. I say Merry Christmas and have gotten a few looks. My boss said, "that's just part of working for a corporation" when I told her I wouldn't say it.

Bologna. They can take this job and shove it if that's what it comes to. I'd rather be unemployed and not have sacrificed my religious principles, than employed and pleasing the "corporation".

Latest posts

Top Bottom