Christmas is Officially on Us!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Thanksgiving is officially behind us, I can now post my FIRST sentiment for the Christmas season.

Cat Buried Elf on a Shelf.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve learned over the years to hate the Christmas season because of my darling bride.
She had it in her mind that everyone had to have the perfect gift, tailored just for them. Gift buying season started Nov 25 until Christmas Eve, entailing numerous trips to OKC, Tulsa, or Wichita.
My idea of gift giving is to hand out visa gift cards in whatever amount for them to spend any way they want. That wasn’t acceptable thinking on my part I was informed.
Last season, wife’s mom went into hospice care with her cancer so my advice finally came into play so more time could be spent with mom.
We always host the family Christmas events.
When the grandkids, nieces, and nephews opened their envelops, they all grabbed their phones and ran off into the bedroom to get on Amazon happy as a lark to order what they wanted and not what the wife thought was the perfect gift.
MIL is gone now, but I think the gift card idea is still with us after she saw the kids reactions and how much they talked about what they had just ordered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom