Metal fab work, anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we've got some guys in the fabrication/welding arena. Post pics of your creations.

Here's my latest from work: A CNC router cart that can hold around a half ton (casters will give out first). It's not finished, as it will have filtered air for the electronics that will be in the cabinet, and I still have to make the top. :preocc:

ai34.photobucket.com_albums_d108_Zmechanic_10_29_09_1711.jpg

ai34.photobucket.com_albums_d108_Zmechanic_10_29_09_1713.jpg

ai34.photobucket.com_albums_d108_Zmechanic_10_29_09_1715.jpg

ai34.photobucket.com_albums_d108_Zmechanic_10_29_09_1715.jpg

ai34.photobucket.com_albums_d108_Zmechanic_10_29_09_1716.jpg

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very nice work...

getting geared up to do some metal fab soon - gotta make a lot of suspension parts for a jeep cherokee i just got.

i've done a lot of little stuff... like making tools, or small parts for this and that.

This is a valve retainer clip seat tool...

the outer lip presses down on the top of the valve spring and the inner tube presses the retainer clips down into place. Makes installing valves a piece of cake. (designed for smaller motors like sportbikes and dirtbikes)

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

sight pusher puller tool i made... not ever 100% complete but enough to use. didn't try to make it pretty.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oooooooooookayyyyy

Soooo Mr. metal guy.... can you tell me which metal turns instantly and temporarily magnetic during a certain process that can not normally be magnetized, and what that process is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom