Methodist minister

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I just watched that too. Both of my grandparents were Methodist ministers. They would probably be rolling in their graves. BUT, it’s the times we live in. She did say that the most conservative churches are the one that have defected. 132 out of 307. It’s that congressions choice I guess. I’m curious as to how many people stopped attending in the churches that didn’t defect.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched that too. Both of my grandparents were Methodist ministers. They would probably be rolling in their graves. BUT, it’s the times we live in. She did say that the most conservative churches are the one that have defected. 132 out of 307. It’s that congressions choice I guess. I’m curious as to how many people stopped attending in the churches that didn’t defect.
Her assessment of the Holy Bible is all I need.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Methodists used to be baptists that drank alcohol and danced, but now the ones I know are all left wing democrats that are pro lgbtxyz and pro abortion. Two of my mother in law’s siblings were Methodist preachers and needless to say talking politics at family gatherings can get heated quick, and I’ve been accused of throwing gas on a fire.🤣

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been a methodist all my life, with a predominantly methodist family. I am seriously considering either going back to worship in the woods, and on the water, or seeking a different route. It very honestly seems to me that our church "leaders" seem to be ok with open blasphemy to God. Some of what I have been reading lately is more like letting the inmates run the asylum, rather than love the sinner, hate the sin. Or trying to show them the way out of the darkness.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2583.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom