Michele Bachmann Undercuts Veterans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry SMS, but you lean to the far left. Rick told me so.

You might as well admit it. You can't hide behind that closet full of Che Guevara T-shirts forever.

Yup, I'm a lefty. I'm also a military retiree who's retirement check is reduced by the amount of my VA disability check since I'm not over 50% rated. So in other words, I don't see a dime of my disability $$, other than a modest couple bucks tax savings.

I will gladly give up the pension I earned through two major theater wars and numerous other conflicts in order to help the national debt/deficit problem. But only after some fat ***** in Detriot stops getting paid paid my tax money to sit on her ass, make kids, and do drugs without working a lick for it.

I understand the need to make deep, painful cuts but IMHO there's a whole lotta stuff to get to before we start eliminating stuff that has actually been paid for by the recipient.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, this is just another example of a well used tactic by the left to stop any spending cuts. I have seen it dozens of times and it always goes the same.

When Republicans or right leaning Dems say something like this indicating they are willing to leave nothing off the table, the left starts screaming about it until they get people riled up. If they can get the right to say it is off the table then they usually stop talking about it for awhile.

When it is time to sit down and hammer out the cuts to be made another group from the left starts screaming that the right wants to cut everything but their pet projects or programs. They get people riled up again and the result is that only token cuts are made and the out of control spending goes on and on.

Face it folks, EVERYTHING has to be on the table.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks, this is just another example of a well used tactic by the left to stop any spending cuts.
The OP is from ArmeyTimes, a well known 'Leftist' organization operating in concert with other leftists to stop any spending cuts.

Everyone who doesn't agree with you is a 'Lefty' Rick.

When you label me a "Lefty" I don't take it as a mean spirited personal attack tho, cause 90+% of the general population is to the left of You. :)

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you label me a "Lefty" I don't take it as a mean spirited personal attack tho, cause 90+% of the general population is to the left of You. :)

I see RickN as a valuable asset to the board and others with his point of view as necessary in balancing out rabid radicals like Barbara "Call Me Senator" Boxer. I don't lean as far right as RickN on most issues. I suspect he'd see me as a leftest pinko commie on alot of things (I definitely don't agree with him on this issue. Vets come first, I say.), but he makes good points and I listen to him through my eyes. Being labeled as a 'Lefty' by RickN is sort of a badge of honor Hobbes. ;)

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Face it folks, EVERYTHING has to be on the table.

Nothing substantial will be cut. Politicians on both sides of the aisle want power. As long as they tax and regulate us constantly they have what they want. They have no clue that the only duty of government is to protect individual liberty. Not to give out bennies to keep themselves in power.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing substantial will be cut. Politicians on both sides of the aisle want power. As long as they tax and regulate us constantly they have what they want. They have no clue that the only duty of government is to protect individual liberty. Not to give out bennies to keep themselves in power.

Sadly I think you are right...especially considering we are approaching the point where the majority of voters will be non-taxpaying recipients of unearned benefits...benefits funded by the minority.

Those majority voters will vote to keep the hand outs coming.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're not willing to cut your projects, why should they be willing to cut theirs? I think she is doing a good thing by showing them that she IS willing to cut everything by starting with a very important item. Now they can't say 'But you're not willing to cut . . . '.

Surely we all realize that this small amount can be cut without affecting the benefits to the vets, right? It's govt. run, so they have far more than this in red tape alone.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Surely we all realize that this small amount can be cut without affecting the benefits to the vets, right? It's govt. run, so they have far more than this in red tape alone.

Not so sure Shirley that many vets are willing to give up their bennies. The mentality that they served means they're entitled to bennies seems to have a strong following. As far as I'm concerned the only vets that are entitled to benefits were those conscripted by government. Volunteers not so much, which I was.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not so sure Shirley that many vets are willing to give up their bennies. The mentality that they served means they're entitled to bennies seems to have a strong following. As far as I'm concerned the only vets that are entitled to benefits were those conscripted by government. Volunteers not so much, which I was.

AHHHH, since I was drafted (conscripted) and sent to a conflict in SE Asia, my Brothers in Arms, that have since volunteered, and those that volunteered to go to the same conflict that I was involved in, do not deserve the benefits I should receive??
I have lots of issues with that thinking. Conscripted or volunteered, let no soldier be left behind.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
AHHHH, since I was drafted (conscripted) and sent to a conflict in SE Asia, my Brothers in Arms, that have since volunteered, and those that volunteered to go to the same conflict that I was involved in, do not deserve the benefits I should receive??
I have lots of issues with that thinking. Conscripted or volunteered, let no soldier be left behind.

As a volunteer I knew the risks when I joined. Conscripts such as yourself didn't have the choice.

Some 20,000 - 30,000 of my fellow Canadians volunteered for service with the US during the Vietnam conflict. An estimated 12,000 served there. How about we give them bennies too?

BTW, my older brother served in USAF for five years during the same period I did. The US government decided one day to pull his green card for no reason. He'd like to return to the US. Life is unfair eh?

Yeah, let's not slaughter sacred cows. And this is why I maintain that nothing will every change. Same ol' same ol'...

Latest posts

Top Bottom