MILITARY’S NEW ASSAULT RIFLE, NEXT GENERATION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is funny to me is that most of you believe this was a decision made a year ago. The amount of acquisitions and logistics management would blow your minds like a .17HMR thru a butterfly wing.

Stay strong warriors! We always enjoy the doubting Thomas’, they make those DAU classes seem somewhat realistic when it comes to milestones and decisions of this magnitude.

I would venture to guess the competition was keen and those who didn’t work for Sig when they won that contract eventually graced the corporate doors in New Hampshire.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is funny to me is that most of you believe this was a decision made a year ago. The amount of acquisitions and logistics management would blow your minds like a .17HMR thru a butterfly wing.

Stay strong warriors! We always enjoy the doubting Thomas’, they make those DAU classes seem somewhat realistic when it comes to milestones and decisions of this magnitude.

I would venture to guess the competition was keen and those who didn’t work for Sig when they won that contract eventually graced the corporate doors in New Hampshire.
The article states this research project began in the early 2010s, and wasn’t spontaneous nor recent.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This 6.8 seems to be a melding of the two calibers it’s trying to replace and improve on the shortcomings of the 556 & 308 as a general purpose round. There is no perfect round that does everything in all scenarios in battle. Tell that to the brass though, good luck.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As with everything military…built by the lowest bidders. At least the Marine Corps is sticking to M27 for now after testing the Sig line up. Besides NATO would never agree to go with the 6.8 over the 5.56 and 7.62 which would make it harder to justify the switch. Especially since they’ll be requiring ammo manufacturers to produce all three in a war time situation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom