Milsurp Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
you'll have to pardon me guys, i'm definitly no expert and really just starting my research. still in the learning process.
educate me though.this rifle has some of the features of both later and earlier guns. i understand that in the refurb process,especially on the newer imports that you can end up with just about anything. this particular gun is not of the newer stuff but came in a sometime back.
i've studied up on some of the marking but honestly i just get blown away trying to keep all with all the info!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the easiest ways to spot an ex dragoon will be the way that the rear sight is attached. An ex dragoon will have a gap where you can see the rear of the dovetail exposed. A rear sight on a regular 91/30 will sit flush with no gap. Ex dragoons originally had the same curved arshini marked sights as the m91 and cossack rifles which is the reason for the difference in the dovetail sight base.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thats the thing that throwing me off. there is a gap,not as big as explained but a gap. the barrel is almost a half inch longer but the dates don't jive. just adds to my confusion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom