Mom Upset Over Son's Assignment to Recite Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now what if her kid had to learn it in EBONICS?

Ebonics

Ah done pledges allegiance
to da Flag
o' da United States
o' America
an' ta da Republic
fo' which it stands,
one Nation, Beneaf God,
indimuhvisible,
wiff liberty an'
justice fo' all.

English

I pledge allegiance
to the Flag
of the United States
of America
and to the Republic
for which it stands,
one Nation, Under God,
indivisible,
with liberty
and justice for all.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No yall don't get it, the issue is that the school/teacher is requiring that he recite it in spanish. If the kid had a choice on saying it in spanish or not, there would be no problem. It's almost like forcing someone to worship a different god. If the kid and his family don't believe in it, he should not have to participate.

I am not trying to be an ******* to anyone, things like this just really pisses me off

Perhaps you don't get it. The kid had two chances to not say it in spanish. He could have chosen something other than spanish class. His parents/he could have objected to the specific assignment at the beginning of the class and he would have been given another assignment. Oh, and option #3, home schooling. he simply chose option #4, refuse after the assignment was due and get a 0% on the assignment. See, lots of choices there!

So you really have nothing to be pissed off about. You let your own prejudices color your perception of this issue.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't take the time to read through all of the other responses, but I for one don't think the pledge of allegiance should be spoken in any other language than english. That's the number 1 main language of this nation and to say the pledge of allegiance in another language is just wrong to me.

Let the bashing begin, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's always great to see someone post "I didn't take the time to read all the other responses because I only care about me." :woot:

Makes me really value THEIR opinion. :)

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't take the time to read through all of the other responses, but I for one don't think the pledge of allegiance should be spoken in any other language than english. That's the number 1 main language of this nation and to say the pledge of allegiance in another language is just wrong to me.

Let the bashing begin, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Yeah I agree with you, you are simply giving your opinion, just like I was just giving my opinion, and I am getting bashed on. IMO it is unAmerican to do the POA in any other language other than english

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's always great to see someone post "I didn't take the time to read all the other responses because I only care about me." :woot:

Makes me really value THEIR opinion. :)

One of the reasons I love America is because we have the FREEDOM OF SPEECH and if you or anyone else can't deal with or respect that then oh well.... I have my opinion and that's that. Move on or cry about it, I don't care which you chose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom