Momma, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the old timers (90s or before) talk a lot of **** about how good the U.S. airforce has it, but i think the Army has caught up quite a bit in terms of living standards.

The Marine Corps on the other hand...

Why TJ, my good man, I didn't know you were in the Marine Corps! Semper Fi! Well, then you know the Marine Corps is what it is. It doesn't need and it doesn't want a bunch of namby pamby crap. If it was soft and easy, it wouldn't be the Marine Corps. Right? I can't speak for the other branches as I was only in the Marine Corps, so I don't really know shizz about them. I'm sure of one thing though; if you're takin' fire; you're takin' fire. It doesn't matter what uniform you have on. How you respond may be a factor of how hard you trained for it.

All this interservice stuff is fun and so on, but I have no less respect for those who served in other branches of the service. There a place for all who choose to serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why TJ, my good man, I didn't know you were in the Marine Corps! Semper Fi! Well, then you know the Marine Corps is what it is. It doesn't need and it doesn't want a bunch of namby pamby crap. If it was soft and easy, it wouldn't be the Marine Corps. Right? I can't speak for the other branches as I was only in the Marine Corps, so I don't really know shizz about them. I'm sure of one thing though; if you're takin' fire; you're takin' fire. It doesn't matter what uniform you have on. How you respond may be a factor of how hard you trained for it.

All this interservice stuff is fun and so on, but I have no less respect for those who served in other branches of the service. There a place for all who choose to serve.

I've never served in any branch of the Armed Forces. My 'knowledge' only comes from second hand information from family members and vets i've known and met. so take it with a grain of salt.

But when i talk to my father who served in the 90's and he talks about open bay barracks and my brother who is active duty army gets his own room, i'll say it's changed a bit.

I don't think i've said anything 'disrespectful' towards any branch of service, their objective living standards has nothing to do with the combat ability. I obviously have a ton of respect for (most) of the people who serve or have served in our armed forces, and i'm aware that every branch is an important part of that. They all contribute to the security of our country.

Having said that, we're talking about objective living standards. Having your own room is a much higher standard of living than sharing it with 2 other dudes, objectively speaking.

In any case, i was just speaking up for the fact that the Army's standard of living is not that bad in comparison with the Air Force, as used to be the case a decade or two ago.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I respect a citizen who is working and paying taxes and has a family to raise, but I do not under any circumstances respect someone who isn't working, drawing benefits and belittles the military and country. We have far too many in that position voting for the destruction of this country. They don't pay taxes and have no right to tell us how we are to live-besides, a lot of them carry guns and shouldn't. Bottom line is they really irk me because I support hem and can't claim them as dependents.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all are just jealous that the Air Force has figured out that the civilized way to fight a war is to sit back and throw officers at the enemy!

I actually laughed out loud on this one,,,
Dang but I wish I had thought of it first.

Aarond

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all are just jealous that the Air Force has figured out that the civilized way to fight a war is to sit back and throw officers at the enemy!

I actually laughed out loud on this one,,,
Dang but I wish I had thought of it first.

Aarond

Throw U. S. Marine Officers at them, the Enlisted Marines will follow and that will take care of the problem. Just don't throw any politicians with us...

Pinkpantywearer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

I agree 100% as a Marine you have a different mentality it isn't good or bad it just is. I figure every person has a unique job and the military needs it well most of them anyway. If a Air Force jet jockey can drop a bomb or two and keep some sorry sack from shooting up a Marine I got nothing but respect for you. As an Crusty Gunny told me "Wars aren't fought fair their fought to be won, and if you are ever in a battle where you think it is a fair fight it is probably because you are getting your ass whooped."

Latest posts

Top Bottom