More New Grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes mortal combat was the starter for this, he said he changed it a bit. it's the only set like them he's made.

Luke, i bought my own blanks from Arizona Ironwood, it's stabilized and dyed blue. here's the url but be warned, you can spend a long time looking at all those blanks. the link is for the burled maple and he has several dyed sets available right now

https://arizonaironwood.com/t/maple-burl-stabilized

Thanks Ray!

At some point I will likely add an S&A magwell to the PM-45 and have him cut a set of grips for the gun. I'm kind of liking the black ash burl in the second photo as well. It's grain pattern may look a little busy on a set of grips though.

SjlN8gKh.jpg

SUfOED6h.jpg

Last edited:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't be leery of buying one of the blocks instead of the scales. Bob studies the bigger blocks looking at grain patterns on the edges then makes his slices. and he sends you photos of the work as it progresses. he's making me another set now out of what looks like quilted walnut, here are the blanks he'll use after cutting the block

bookmatch 1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom