more polymer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed that a safety is a PITA unless it's needed like say with an external hammer or something that will be pocket carried unless you plan to rack one in the chamber before use.

The stippling doesn't really thrill me about the new one, it could be nice or it could just suck and snag on everything. Would enjoy seeing what the trigger is like but I have a feeling that any design changes will change it just enough so that original parts are no longer compatible and anything that was available in the aftermarket will not work until redesigned. The new coating would be great if it prevents corrosion even better if it wears well. I get a little bit in the rear of the slide where it rests against my skin at times since my .40 or .45 is my EDC

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you look closely to all the gun photos, not everyone of them has the thumb safety.

I traded into one M&P with the big ugly floppy thumb safety and it sure wasn't for me. I sold it to someone that wanted the safety.

I'm sure glad they make models without the safety.

I'm interested in seeing a Compact M2.0.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love an M&P with a really short, light, and crisp trigger pull and I WOULD want the thumb safety if the trigger was that light. I tried a Walther PPQ at Wilshire Gun range with a wonderful 3lb or less crisp trigger and would have bought it if it had a thumb safety but I wouldn't carry a gun with a hair trigger and no manual safety.