Mossberg tactical 22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I work with is selling a mossberg 22 for $250. I know you can get a new one for around that. Or at least you could. He bought it at the pawn shop. Do you think I should get it or buy a conversion kit for my 556 AR? I will look it over before I buy it. Thanks for the help.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd offer him $200 for it. You are getting it third hand and the S&W's seem to be better. The Mossberg 22 AR's are built on the same action as their plinkster 702 which I do actually have and it's been great for me but their AR models lack the AR ruggedness most expect and can find in the S&W models. Depending on your intended use, it should be/could be just fine.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They feel like a toy. The stock is actually two halves put together. I had one and I could easily twist the front sight out of alignment just shouldering the rifle.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I think I will just pass. I am gonna try and get a Ruger 10-22 or something like that. I guess whatever I can find. Which will probably be pretty difficult right now. I would like the m&p but hey are too much. I wanna stay around $250-300.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend bought one of these at Outdoor America store...sort of cheesy...but it works well enough.

Outdoor America's gunsmith installed the scope and 'sighted it'...bore sighted I guess...and the scope needed all the elevation to get it close.....we went out and re-sighted the gun....and I had to put a couple layers of black tape in the bottom of the front scope mount so the scope aligned better with the bore...so we could get enough adjustment to get it on target.

Works good...looks pretty good unless you really look it over...I would say it's an OK gun for the price...but really..I wouldn't pay too much for one especialy a used one...

Latest posts

Top Bottom