mossberge 44 us(b) and mosin nagant scopes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
so, i have seen it done. on the mosin nagant i know they slide the hinge screw out of the leaf sight, and mount a rail there, which requires a longer eye relief because it is so far forward, in front of the chamber.

and on the mossberge 44 us (b) bolt action .22, they have two holes in the receiver off to the left side. that are intended for a rail. but none of the local stores appear to have one.

so either online or in tulsa, where could i find from a trustworthy source, the rails i will need to mount standard rings and scopes to these. guns.

i am also in need of a new magazine for the 44, because the old one allows the rims of the 22 shells to overlap and get jammed, even when i am being careful to avoid this happening.

so if you have a source for these supplies, online or in town. please let me know.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the mossberg a weaver #2 side mount will probably work. the base is cheap but the rings cost a small fortune.
They were originally setup for a 1 piece steel ringmount for 3/4 inch scopes but I think they will use the same holes.
The other alternative is drill and tap the barrel and use std mounts and rings but by the time you pay somebody to do that it will cost more than the side mount.

Bsquare makes a mount for nagants

Both should be available at Dongs or order thru Brownells.
some people don't like Dongs but thats why they get the big bucks-they carry what no one else in town does.