Motorcycle Cannonball Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had an article in the paper about a guy in his seventies riding a 1916 Indian the whole coast to coast route. Jeez! I sold my cruiser becase it hurt my back to go to Tulsa. Now I'm just ashamed.

Reminds me of a quote about Teddy:
Teddy Roosevelt was a badass of the people. Roosevelt received letters from army cavalrymen complaining about having to ride 25 miles a day for training and, in response, Teddy rode horseback for 100 miles, from sunrise to sunset, at 51 years old, effectively rescinding anyone's right to complain about anything, ever again.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went down with friends this afternoon. drove from the city to ada. i thought the the lunch was from 12-2. apparently a lot of the riders just came by the checkpoint. we saw one guy do the checkpoint and then went and fond some of the bikes at a local gas station. the riders are more like engineers. especially when you can see them working on them.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bikes started arriving about 11:00 and most were gone by 1:30. Never did see the Flying Merkel though. I guess he didn't make it. Most of the riders were willing to talk but you could tell they were on a schedule and ready to head down the road.

Spoke to one guy on a Harley that was literally a board track racer, low handlebars and no suspension front or back, rigid all the way around. That would be a hard 3200 mile ride. One of the Excelsiors was the same way.

Plenty of Harleys, Indians, and Excelsiors. The few were a Pope, a J.A.P., a Premier, a Henderson 4, and a BSA.

There was one Vincent Black Shadow there, but it was stashed away in a chase van. I was lucky enough to be taken aside for viewing. You can never go wrong with a Vincent.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bikes started arriving about 11:00 and most were gone by 1:30. Never did see the Flying Merkel though. I guess he didn't make it. Most of the riders were willing to talk but you could tell they were on a schedule and ready to head down the road.

Spoke to one guy on a Harley that was literally a board track racer, low handlebars and no suspension front or back, rigid all the way around. That would be a hard 3200 mile ride. One of the Excelsiors was the same way.

Plenty of Harleys, Indians, and Excelsiors. The few were a Pope, a J.A.P., a Premier, a Henderson 4, and a BSA.

There was one Vincent Black Shadow there, but it was stashed away in a chase van. I was lucky enough to be taken aside for viewing. You can never go wrong with a Vincent.

Drool, drool, drool. Wish I could of seem them all. And though the Vincent was several decades newer, I would have drooled all over that too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom