Mower Deck Paint/Finish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a special paint or finish that can be applied to the underside of a mower deck to keep the grass clippings and dust/mud from sticking and building up like adobe? Most of the original finish(paint?) on the underside of my mower is gone/worn away and I need to sand blast it and refinish it. It's a real pain in the arse chiseling out the stuff after every other mowing - and I do mean chiseling.

Woody

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fight this problem every spring when the henbit and clovers are growing well. It all comes down to moisture content of your yard. Majority of those early season yard villains are mostly water. That crap does set up hard after it dries. I resorted to spraying my yard for anything other than Bermuda or fescue and it helped some but not completely. Once it gets hot and dry I normally don’t have a problem with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second question, how about some slickum stuff to keep string from welding to itself and keep it coming out of the trimmer heads?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to mytractorfurum.com and some guy restored a deck, painted, new bearings and the works. A lot of hints, help and good people on that site. They'll help you every step of the restoration process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom