muzzle brake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all honesty, my Savage 10FP in .308 didn't need the muzzle brake to begin with since the rifle weighs so much. It was okay to shoot 20 rounds but more than that you started to hurt a little. Now, with the MB, I can shoot 200 rounds at a sitting and not even notice it.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all honesty, my Savage 10FP in .308 didn't need the muzzle brake to begin with since the rifle weighs so much. It was okay to shoot 20 rounds but more than that you started to hurt a little. Now, with the MB, I can shoot 200 rounds at a sitting and not even notice it.

Either Want a muzzel brake or I've also heard of these knoxx stocks that have springs in the stock that reduce recoil asa much as 60 percent

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a recoil pad and hold tight into your shoulder, I would bet you are not holding tight and letting the stock whack you pretty good. Try that and see if that helps, after that if you still want a brake call Steve Baldwin at Mechanical Accuracy.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once agian, Knoxx stocks hurt accuracy.. suposedly. I wouldn't use one on that gun. A good pad, a brake or silencer and maybe a mercury tube if you need it. I'm a young recoil junky, so I haven't really tried any of these.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once agian, Knoxx stocks hurt accuracy.. suposedly. I wouldn't use one on that gun. A good pad, a brake or silencer and maybe a mercury tube if you need it. I'm a young recoil junky, so I haven't really tried any of these.

That's good to know thanks. It would have upset me to spend that kinda money and it mess up my accuracy.:ou

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have 2 howa rifles with the knoxx stock on them and i love them. my 22-250 at 200 yds can cover 6 shots with a dime. the stock does help with recoil. and it is even more appreciated on the 308. i am not the best shooter, but i dont think the stock makes the gun less accurate. very accurate rifles

Latest posts

Top Bottom