muzzle brake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, I assume you are familiar with the ar platfrom from you Marine days. Do you tend to shoot it well? However, you could still drop 100 bucks on a brake.

Well I was the second highest shooter in 100/200/300/500yrd shoot also rapid fire and slow fire,standing,kneeling and the prone. This was back in 99 and I scored a 248 out of 250 points. This was also with the whole company approx 800 Marines. The shot I messed up on was the 500yrd prone the wind picked up right as I shot and I did not catch it. So yeah I love shooting the AR platform I'm trying to buy one right now just trying to save my money.:twocents:

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh update, I bought a sissy pad from Cabelas it the "shooters friend recoil pad" saw alot of good reviews and it was only $20. so I'll start with the cheapest thing first

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was the second highest shooter in 100/200/300/500yrd shoot also rapid fire and slow fire,standing,kneeling and the prone. This was back in 99 and I scored a 248 out of 250 points. This was also with the whole company approx 800 Marines. The shot I messed up on was the 500yrd prone the wind picked up right as I shot and I did not catch it. So yeah I love shooting the AR platform I'm trying to buy one right now just trying to save my money.:twocents:

Then by all means, an AR-10 would probably be a great for you. I want one, but couldn't afford to shoot it as much as I'd like.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then by all means, an AR-10 would probably be a great for you. I want one, but couldn't afford to shoot it as much as I'd like.

yeah I know what you mean, I like the ar 10 long range and power but it hurts the pocket book I keep going back and forth over getting an ar 10 or ar 15. ar-15 is a great rifle as well and it's alot cheaper to shoot like almost half the price. I just can't decide maybe I'll buy the ar-15 since it's cheaper then get the upper for a ar-10 HEY WHAT A GREAT IDEA and I thought of that all by myself just now it was like a brain explosion:clap3: lol :explode:

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah I know what you mean, I like the ar 10 long range and power but it hurts the pocket book I keep going back and forth over getting an ar 10 or ar 15. ar-15 is a great rifle as well and it's alot cheaper to shoot like almost half the price. I just can't decide maybe I'll buy the ar-15 since it's cheaper then get the upper for a ar-10 HEY WHAT A GREAT IDEA and I thought of that all by myself just now it was like a brain explosion:clap3: lol :explode:

AR15s are smaller than AR10s, they wont interchange.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you barrel has enough "meat" for threading (and probably does) have it threaded and the brake installed by a good "smith".

A Vais would be a good choice for your .308.

Some brake designs need to be indexed.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not try a lighter bullet,If you handload you can get bullets from 110 on up . I will admit the 110's tend to drop like a rock I have some 125's I have yet to try. There are also 155 match bullets that are worth a try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom