My first Army Alt-C qual course of fire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, I’m getting an appointment to see the eye dr on Monday. Not that it will help. May just be time for scopes, red dot, and prism sights for me. Guess this getting older crap is better than getting dead.

Once the eyes start going it happens quick.

I'm going to try those ez eye stick on things that were posted earlier. Just got them yesterday. I'll try them next week.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got these targets in yesterday and I wanted to try them out.

I had not really sighted in my XM-177 so I did and shot the Alt-C.

I used the irons, not the scope.

I did it in the correct order and with 4 10 round magazines. 25 meters.

I modified it to a supported bench and unsupported bench because it was raining cats and dogs earlier and the ground was soaked.

37 out of 40. I jerked 150M to the left and knew it.
icon_smile_angry.gif

Not too shabby for 52 year old eyes and the front sight being all blurry.
icon_smile.gif
I think I have actually qualified more on Alt C targets than pop ups because the pop ups were not functioning properly, more often than not.

Especially in Panama. The constant wet, seemed to really mess with the targets

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I think I have actually qualified more on Alt C targets than pop ups because the pop ups were not functioning properly, more often than not.

Especially in Panama. The constant wet, seemed to really mess with the targets
Weren't you in 82nd Airplane Gang? All their qual ranges were pop up coz they're big Army ranges. We qual'd on alt C because we owned our own ranges or used NG when we went TDY.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weren't you in 82nd Airplane Gang? All their qual ranges were pop up coz they're big Army ranges. We qual'd on alt C because we owned our own ranges or used NG when we went TDY.
I only spent spent a year in the 82nd. 3 months after I got there, I got popped orders for Korea. I was MAF about that. I had just spent 5 years in Panama

The rest of my time on jump status ( 16 Years ), I was in independant Ranger/Airborne Battalions or Regiments/Brigades

Edit; The pop up ranges at Ft Bragg were better than most places I had been

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I only spent spent a year in the 82nd. 3 months after I got there, I got popped orders for Korea. I was MAF about that. I had just spent 5 years in Panama

The rest of my time on jump status ( 16 Years ), I was in independant Ranger/Airborne Battalions or Regiments/Brigades

Edit; The pop up ranges at Ft Bragg were better than most places I had been
What Ranger batts?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was that? So you went to 3rd batt after 7 yrs in the reg Army? I have a couple buddies who were 3rd batt guys.

I was never in Regt but I was a Snakeeater for 15 yrs and I know a lot of those cats.
No, went to Batt right out of basic for 18 months then went to Panama for 5 years. Then got assigned to Mighty 80-Deuce

Was in Batt from Oct 86 to Apr 88

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was that? So you went to 3rd batt after 7 yrs in the reg Army? I have a couple buddies who were 3rd batt guys.

I was never in Regt but I was a Snakeeater for 15 yrs and I know a lot of those cats.
I really didnt keep in touch with many of the guys in Batt. When I got there, 3rd Batt was still ruled by the Spec 4 Mafia and REALLLLLY hated a lot of those guys
Ok you're in Lawton now....retired from Sill?
Yep. Dont judge me LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom