My G19 firing pin assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
failed on me, I did what you guys told me. Cleaned and inspected the firing pin chamber and reinstalled it. I went to H&H last night to test it out, it failed to fired. First, second and third rounds went off and the forth one went click. Dimple showed on the primer, which mean the firing pin striked it but I don't think it striked it hard enough for the round the goes off.

Any of our OSA sponsors have G19 firing pin in stock? I would like to buy one from you, please shoot me a PM, thanks.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a solution but my early g26 did that this week. I cleaned the heck out of the fp channel and got a new fp spring and cups on the way from glockparts, I did not have time for trial and error. Those parts were about $11 shopped 1st class, don't really need cups but in case I lost one or boogered one up ymmv. Just what I am doing.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
failed on me, I did what you guys told me. Cleaned and inspected the firing pin chamber and reinstalled it. I went to H&H last night to test it out, it failed to fired. First, second and third rounds went off and the forth one went click. Dimple showed on the primer, which mean the firing pin striked it but I don't think it striked it hard enough for the round the goes off.

Any of our OSA sponsors have G19 firing pin in stock? I would like to buy one from you, please shoot me a PM, thanks.

Check your ammo or better yet try some different ammo.Sounds like hard primers.Some mil spec machine gun 9mm have really hard ones.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your ammo or better yet try some different ammo.Sounds like hard primers.Some mil spec machine gun 9mm have really hard ones.

I've tried Blazer, WWB and I even tried my SD ammo too. This is weird.

I have an extra OEM Glock firing pin spring you can have if you want to see if that's it. Just PM me and we can meet up sometime this weekend.

I already placed the orders, thanks for the offer, I really appreciate that.

I don't have a solution but my early g26 did that this week. I cleaned the heck out of the fp channel and got a new fp spring and cups on the way from glockparts, I did not have time for trial and error. Those parts were about $11 shopped 1st class, don't really need cups but in case I lost one or boogered one up ymmv. Just what I am doing.

I was wondering if suppressor has anything to do with it. I used to shoot special-K sub ammo and all kind of ammo through this G19.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mine did it just out of the blue. Kind of scary as it is a carry gun, first 3 golddots out of the mag..no bang, reloaded another mag, couple of light strikes with my reloads. Seemingly no rhym or reason for it. I believe the spring will fix it in my case. nothing else to fix. On glocktalk they say it is usually gunk in the firing pin channel delaying or stopping the firing pin. Once its clean it should fire, if not it is the spring. Glockparts has all those parts cheap, I figure I am out a couple bucks, and being a carry gun, how do you go wrong with new springs.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mine did it just out of the blue. Kind of scary as it is a carry gun, first 3 golddots out of the mag..no bang, reloaded another mag, couple of light strikes with my reloads.

This is exactly what I was just talking about with my wife. I'm glad it happened at the range not in HD situation.

I believe the spring will fix it in my case. nothing else to fix. On glocktalk they say it is usually gunk in the firing pin channel delaying or stopping the firing pin. Once its clean it should fire, if not it is the spring. Glockparts has all those parts cheap, I figure I am out a couple bucks, and being a carry gun, how do you go wrong with new springs.

I'll strip it again and clean it. The new parts will arrive soon, I crossed my fingers and hope for the best.

this is what I ordered: Firing pin channel liner, Firing pin spacer sleeve, Spring Cups, Firing pin spring. Might as well replace everything.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Also, make sure the slide is locking up FULLY. If the barrel hood is not all the way up, you can get a lighter and slightly off center firing pin strike. I had this once and it was a tight extractor. Replacing the extractor solved the issue.

Are you using all stock parts in the trigger system?

Thanks,

Alan

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Also, make sure the slide is locking up FULLY. If the barrel hood is not all the way up, you can get a lighter and slightly off center firing pin strike. I had this once and it was a tight extractor. Replacing the extractor solved the issue.

Are you using all stock parts in the trigger system?

Thanks,

Alan

Well I replaced a stock connector with Ghost 3.5lbs connector long time ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom