My G19 took a dump on me at the range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my wife to the H&H today to sight in her RDS and practiced on her G19. Loaded up first mag and handed the gun to her, first round went off and second round went CLICK. She held it straight pointed down range for about a minute and I took over. After unloaded the gun I took a look at the bullet, the primer was strike but wasn't deep enough compared to the first fired round. I thought it was the ammo so I tried it out with my G17, things went well on the G17. Switched back to the G19 same happened again. When we got home I took the whole gun apart and inspected, nothing broken, however the tip of the firing pin was a little dirty so I wiped it off. I hope that's the problem, other than that I can't see why it doesn't want to fire.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The primer mark on a fired case is more pronounced than the actual initial strike that fires the round.

Check your firing pin tip closely to see if it is broken. It happens occasionally that part of the tip breaks off, giving occasional to mostly misfires.

Does the G19 have a light firing pin spring, maybe from an action kit.

Just some thoughts to try.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The primer mark on a fired case is more pronounced than the actual initial strike that fires the round.

Check your firing pin tip closely to see if it is broken. It happens occasionally that part of the tip breaks off, giving occasional to mostly misfires.

Does the G19 have a light firing pin spring, maybe from an action kit.

Just some thoughts to try.

The only parts that was replaced on the G19 are sights and connector other than that everything else are factory. I need to check the firing pin again.

Thanks.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you can get it to me, Id be happy to check it out for you, as well as tell you what Im looking for, so you can take care of it yourself in the future.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me. On the range trip where I was trying out my new CT grip. About 1 in 4 rounds gave me a click no bang. Took the grip off and still the same problem.

Looked it over and didn't see anything wrong.

Called Glock cause I thought it might be one of the G19s they recalled for various reasons. Talked to a great guy there. He said that they recommend replacing the recoil assembly every 5000 rounds or so. Told me to send it in to them and they would look at it.

I did.

They send me back a completely reworked gun. Replaced durn near everything replaceable except the frame. All the pins, springs, connectors, catches.

Didn't charge me a penny. Said that they basically consiser it a lifetime commitment.

However, the big difference between sending it in and having someone local fix it is time. It takes around 8-12 weeks for them to get the gun back to you. And you have to ship it.

Dave

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd remove your firing pins from the 19 and 17 and compare the ends. Check firing pin channel to make sure there is a full range of motion. Keep us informed, I also have a Glock 19.

I compared 2 firing pins earlier, they're both looked the same, no damaged. However, the firing pin channel was dirty I mean very very dirty. I used to shoot this gun with suppressor on it. I haven't clean the firing pin channel since I bought it in 2003

Hi,
What type of connector did you put in? Bad connector geometry could force the firing pin to release earlier with less punch...Good luck,
Alan

Ghost 3.5lbs connector, I took a look at it too, everything seem fine to me.

Had the same thing happen to me. On the range trip where I was trying out my new CT grip. About 1 in 4 rounds gave me a click no bang. Took the grip off and still the same problem.
Looked it over and didn't see anything wrong.

Called Glock cause I thought it might be one of the G19s they recalled for various reasons. Talked to a great guy there. He said that they recommend replacing the recoil assembly every 5000 rounds or so. Told me to send it in to them and they would look at it.

I did.

They send me back a completely reworked gun. Replaced durn near everything replaceable except the frame. All the pins, springs, connectors, catches.

Didn't charge me a penny. Said that they basically consiser it a lifetime commitment.

However, the big difference between sending it in and having someone local fix it is time. It takes around 8-12 weeks for them to get the gun back to you. And you have to ship it.

Dave

Yeah, Glock does gives good customer service, I sent my G37 there last time and it took them awhile to sent it back. But it was worth the wait, they replaced everything you can think of and gave me a bunch of goodies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom