My G19 took a dump on me at the range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A problem I've seen is if the slide does not go all the way back into battery. When you pull the trigger it will go to full battery but you get a light firing pin strike. This has happened to me with a G19, shooting off of a barricade. My slide hit the barricade during recoil, slowing its return to battery. On the next shot I had a "miss fire" with a light strike.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. . .However, the firing pin channel was dirty I mean very very dirty. I used to shoot this gun with suppressor on it. I haven't clean the firing pin channel since I bought it in 2003. . . .
I'll bet you've found the cause of the FUBAR condition.

Memo to All; do not oil the firing pin or its channel in a Glock. There is a plastic liner sleeve in there, so there is no need to lube. Yes, periodically do clean, but no oil, grease or anything else in that channel.

"Periodically" will vary based on what ammo you shoot, what conditions you carry the gun, how seriously important it is for the gun to be absolutely dependable, etc.

Olympicarmsfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll bet you've found the cause of the FUBAR condition.

Memo to All; do not oil the firing pin or its channel in a Glock. There is a plastic liner sleeve in there, so there is no need to lube. Yes, periodically do clean, but no oil, grease or anything else in that channel.

"Periodically" will vary based on what ammo you shoot, what conditions you carry the gun, how seriously important it is for the gun to be absolutely dependable, etc.

Thats good info I never put oil in that area and always wondered if I should. I own a G19 and have only had one problem with it. I had a stove pipe but a strang one. The shell ejected and it caught the case as if I stuck it end for end there. I have never had that happen again.

Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom