My new Sig 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a new Sig 1911 Tac Pac, which comes with a holster, laser light, mags, mag loader, and cable lock. It is the Nitron or Nitrolon (don't remember exactly) series pistol. When I opened the case and removed the pistol I was impressed with the fact that everything appeared to be nice and tight on the gun. The ergonomics are very good. I was worried about some people complaining of the "memory button" on the beaver tail as being uncomfortable, but I found it to be no problem and the gun was very comfortable to me. I was also concerned that I would need to replace the grips as the factory grips on alot of 1911's leave much to be desired, but these are very comfortable as well. The trigger is very nice for a factory 1911 and it doesn't feel like the factory listed 4.5lbs. Feels lighter than that to me, but I have not checked the pull weight. Either way, I don't think it will be messed with really. I really like the short reset of the factory trigger. I may actually replace the solid trigger for something else that's a little more cosmetically appealling, but that is simply a maybe. It chambers everything I've tried so far, which is winchester 230gr ball, reloads with a 200gr truncated bullet, and Remington Golden Sabre 230gr HP's. Now I have not shot this yet, as schedules and such just haven't cooperated! I'm planning on hopefully having time today or this evening to go to the range and shoot some ammo through it.

The first upgrade that I'm sure I'll want is to install night sights on it. I was told these come with Novak sight cuts and from what I've seen on the gun it appears to be the case. I was also reading/searching for information on replacement sights and it looks like they are limited in where and what can be put on these Sig pistols. If anybody has any input from experience with replacement Sig 1911 sights, please feel free to add or correct my information. Also feel free to add what products worked for your pistol so I'll know where to go to get em! I'm going to try to post pics, but last time I did I had problems with the new pic system here.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i56.tinypic.com_amxh51.jpg

i52.tinypic.com_w0j59w.jpg

:)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a whole lot of 1911s I don't like (I'm kinda a Colt snob), but I like the Sig. They make some cool collections of features at very nice prices. A Commander-length with a rail being one of them :)

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah thanks for posting the pics! I appreciate it. It looks like I'm gonna have to get a photobucket account since that's how the tutorials work. I tried it with everything that was listed on tinypic and I use that account for every other forum that I'm a member of with no problems.

Thanks for the kind words! I was quite satisfied. I like Colts, but I'm more a not so beaten path kinda guy. No offense to Colts of course, because they are awesome and pretty much the beginning of this phenomenon called 1911

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep at about $750 new, not from a dealer but an individual, for the package I couldn't complain. I was looking at these and the new Ruger, but since I couldn't find a Ruger hardly anywhere, I went with this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom