my son is thinking about joining the national guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not military, so with that disclaimer, how do you not factor in the current 'state of the union' when deciding to join nowadays?

I have a hard time thinking about the parents of soldiers that were killed in Afghanistan, for example. If my son had been killed over there and I saw that debacle? I really can't imagine it.

For the record, I have nothing but respect and appreciation for those that have served, are serving, or are considering it.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must not have been paying attention for the past 12-14 years or you have drank the cool aid and you are woke and leftist as the communist faction of the country.

So you are denying the purge of the officer core that started under obama and the attack on right wing enlisted personnel in favor of gay, trans, affirmative action upgrades as supported by Austin and the joint chiefs that has been carried out under Biden corrupt administration.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had the same discussion with one of my grandsons this past weekend. I told him there was no way if l was him that l would join any military service with the way the country and the military is being run.

All the woke bs and demonizing if you are a white person along with correct pronoun training and usage especially the advancement of unqualified race and gender to have a more representive military doing nothing but demoralizing the troops and effectively rendering the military a third rate fighting force.

Flame away as lDGAF after what l saw in Viet Nam and the way we were treated after the surrender

Bad advice, we need good folks in. Assuming he’s good folk….

Don’t let the leftists win.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to believe the nonsense that our military was falling apart until I attended my sons boot camp, AIT and airborne graduations July 21 to March ‘22 and have visited him at Bragg 3 times since March. The military is still the military and the NCOs and enlisted as well as junior officers ranks are still filled with based red blooded patriotic kick ass young MEN ready to put their life on the line for our country. I’ve met them and drank beer with them.

Literally just like my boys I served with in ‘87.

No matter what little outlier weirdo soldier videos the media shows you from twitter. Don’t fall for it.

Calm down people.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
You must not have been paying attention for the past 12-14 years or you have drank the cool aid and you are woke and leftist as the communist faction of the country.

So you are denying the purge of the officer core that started under obama and the attack on right wing enlisted personnel in favor of gay, trans, affirmative action upgrades as supported by Austin and the joint chiefs that has been carried out under Biden corrupt administration.
You didn't say anything about that other than "woke". Say that next time. 👆

You said this:
All the woke bs and demonizing if you are a white person along with correct pronoun training and usage especially the advancement of unqualified race and gender to have a more representive military doing nothing but demoralizing the troops and effectively rendering the military a third rate fighting force.

And I asked this:
What qualifies as an unqualified race and/or gender?

And you answered this:
The current requirements to fill slots with other than white service members for which qualification requirements have been lowered.
Which is utter BS and completely untrue. I say again, completely untrue. That's some straight up LBJ comment right there.

And you told us to kiss your ass...I thought you didn't GAF?

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The current requirements to fill slots with other than white service members for which qualification requirements have been lowered. The obamunist administration depleted the officers core and the current command structure is decimating the enlisted ranks by going totally woke.
Based on current recruitment numbers and the inability for all services to make mission…I’m going to say the military is looking for anyone that qualifies regardless of race, gender or whatever BS at the moment. Yes, requirements have been lowered (Army, Navy,) but only because the newest generation is fat, weak and soft across the board that recruitment has been almost impossible. Plus there’s Genesis which has decimated recruits because of past medical history…mostly MH issues. To say they lowered requirements because they want more people of color is stupid….if that’s the case they should lower the requirements to become a doctor so more whites can be admitted because there are too many Indian doctors. Seriously, we’re still talking about Obummer? Yes, “wokeness” has no business in the military and only creates division and discipline issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom