My truck was broken into today at Academy Sports on 41st in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning some lowlife piece of SHI* broke into my truck at Academy sports on 41st. I was in the store for a total of 15 minutes.My Maxpedition backpack was stolen which had a Ruger SR22 pistol ( serial # 361-61913 ) in it along with a Coye ridgeback knife, and countless other items, they also stole some snap on tools.

I went to the manager of the store and apparently there antique surveillance system does not work very well. He also told me that this happens quite often and even the employees vehicles has been broken into.

Be careful and don't leave valuables in your vehicle !!!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In broad daylight? Geez! I'm sorry to hear you lost those items. You might put out feelers at this weekend's Wanenmacher show, in case the perp tries to sell the pistol or knife there.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happened at 9:15 this morning. The truck is a Ford F-250, they pried the drivers side front door handle out and bent the door. I am not going back to the 41st Academy anytime soon !!!

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Major suckage. Sorry you lost your stuff.

On the brighter side, it's yet another reminder to record all the serial numbers on our guns.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And now your responsible for whatever the POS does with the pistol according to some folks here.
It sux big time, I had a revolver stolen from my locked truck along with some cordless tools last summer.
Hope you get your stuff back.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Total shits. Sorry to hear it. Just an FYI fellas, the wife and I each have one of these in our vehicles. It's certainly not foolproof but can help prevent the "smash and grab". We use them to store our firearms if we absolutely can't take them somewhere with us. A Glock 19 and two mags fit perfectly. It is padded on the inside as well. Hope it helps in the future.

http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/285/AS-1_AS-1_autosafe_

Latest posts

Top Bottom